Thursday, May 31, 2007

Troubles on the Horizon

The ship shuddered and touched down on planet several hours later" Will you actually tell us where we are now?" I asked Godfrey with a verry thinned patient smile. He'd been so secrative for the past hours it was driving me bananas!

Before he could answer, Belda started jumping up and down pointing" We're on Ragoon 3 Master!" she said exictedly. I turned to Godfrey, hands resting on my hips. " And you didn't tell me this because?" one eyebrow was raised.. I was rather amused.. and just a trifle annoyed.. He knows how I hate to wait.

"Because I wanted to suprise you?" he says with a hopeful goofy look

A smile and I pick up a few of his bags and my own" Nice save Fafnir.. Now shall we? I can see your pratically bouncing with excitement"

We headed down the gangplank of the ship into the huge crowd. There were people everywhere and I used my freehand to hold onto Beld'as .. " Keep close to me Belda.. I don't want to loose you in the crowds.

No sooner than I had said that then her head whips around to one of the vendors who is selling sweets. She keeps her mouth shut but I can tell she'd like something.Godfrey sees my look and he says to Belda" I think there's something over here you should see.." Taking Belda with him he dissapears through the corwds..

Moments later they both return, Belda is on his back, the hugest lollipop I've seen in my life in one hand. She grins and from out of his pocket Godfrey pulls a candy bar " I know how you love the Calabaranies.. This is the best place to get them"

Grinning like Belda, I begin munching on my candy as we make our way up to the grand palace on the top of the hill. After a while Belda hops down off of Godfrey and is walking alongside us again. It's when we spot him.

" Lantos!" Godfrey cries, stepping forward and embracing the shorter man. Turning to us he makes the introductions.

"Lantos, this is my wife, Phobia.. and our daughter Belda"

At this I'm rather caught off guard but what does it really matter? We are like family anyway.
Lantos smiles greeting both of us in turn and then the two fade off into talking as they walk ahead of us.

The path to the palace where all of the contestants and their famlies would stay was in sight. I whispered to Belda" does it bother you what Godfrey did? introducing you as our daughter?"

She shook her head" it's a little odd but I feel like I am.. I don't know if I should though.."
I motioned for the two of them to go on ahead and I stopped kneeling so we could see eye to eye" It's perfectly fine you feel like family.. I wouldn't have it any other way in fact... I think.." I paused" I know your mother and father would be happy knowing that you are happy and safe.. And that you're loved"

She smiled broadly" yes.. My mother accepted my decision to remain with the Jedi.. If she didn't trust that I would be well cared for she could have made me come with her.. "
Rising we continued our companionable walk for a few more minutes until we caught up with

Lantos and Godfrey who were by now at the doors to the palace with another group of men.
Apparenlty from what Godfrey told me later, they had all trained here together on Ragoon 3.. They were the first generation Daishujo.. That ment for all of them this was their first time being allowed to enter the tourtament. The rules state you must be 18 or older to enter.. not because of maturity, but for strength.. and the fact there are some if entered younger wouldn't stand a chance.

The man to beat .. his name was Khali. there are two factions of the DaiShujo.. Yin and yang.. or much like with Jedi and sith.. lightside and darkside.. He was of the yang side.. Preliminaries would begin tomorrow.. but for now Lantos and Godfrey parted ways and we went to get settled in.

" When can we find your grandfather?.. This thing on my back.. it's sore.. I think it's starting to heal finally "

" As soon as we get something to eat.. now go to sleep.. there's a few things I need to take care of.. Belda will be here if you need anything."

At that point I was so tired I didn't complain as I drifted off to sleep on the sky blue silk sheets.. Last thoughts of the comming day and for his safety.

Until Later
Pho

12 comments:

Tash199 said...

yummy LOLIPOPS! *drools*

Unknown said...

LOL oh, lolipop... *singing*

Skywalker said...

You people are just wrong...

Darth Vader said...

And you are, Skywalker?

Phobia said...

DJK: Don't get me started on the lollipop song

Ani: stuff a bublegum in it

Vader: for once I'm agreeing with you

Godfrey Zebulon said...

Anakin, learn to relax for once.. The council can handle the flack for now..

*joins DJ singing*

Vader.. I don't know weather I agree fully with you or not.. but unless I'm very much mistaken.. you have spoken with some of my father's diplomats before..

Catia Ravenstone said...

Enjoy your sunshine and laughter while it lasts you pathetic fools. The blood will fall.. and soon..

Master Adana said...

It has been years since I had a lollipop.

*hums: lollipop, lollipop...*

Master Obi-Wan said...

Anakin, I can remember your longing for sweets such as lollipops.

Phobia said...

Cotton Candy was always my favroite next to Calabarenies..*sighs dreamily*

Godfrey Zebulon said...

Ah yes cotton candy.. Blue for me.. the berries they put in it were my favroites..

Catia Ravenstone said...

Candy.. I don't remember such trival things..