Thursday, May 10, 2007

Out of the frying pan, into hell pt1

The first thing I remember is the heat. The heat was stifling so much I could barely breathe.I had changed into the lightest robes I could find. Godfrey and Belda had done the same thing When we walked down the ramp the heat was even more intesne.

We climbed through rickety outcroppings towards a huge volcano in the center of the ground. . Belda stulmbled and started to fall forward towards the lava, but I latched onto the back of her tunic and pulled her back.

" Down there!" Godfrey called over the roar of the lava. I could see Marasha and a hooded figure next to her rushing for the tunnel. I'm not quite excactly sure how I got down there so fast but I reached the mouth of the tunnel first.


I saw them about 50 yards ahead of me. I looked back despretly at Belda and Godfrey who were just behind me and then to the two who were growing smaller and smaller in the distance.


"I'm going on ahead!" I didn't wait for a response, I rushed down the tunnel.

My mind was zeroed in on the two figures nearby.I launched myself into a spinning corkscrew turn and landed smoothly in front of Marasha and her" freind"

" It's over Marasha. Return the urns"

She laughed and the figure threw back it's hood.. My heart froze in my throat.. how could this be? Before me stood both master and apprentice..

" So suprised to see me Phobia? I have power beyond your wildest dreams.. Welcome to your tomb"

She raised her hand and the rocks began to shake. NO! I wouldn't let her hurt the two people who I had come to care for most!

I raised my hand identically" Go ahead Catia, shake down the walls, but I swear to god you kill them I go too.. and your back to square one"

She lowered her hand.. Well that was something.

" Now I won't ask you again. Give the urns you stole to me!"

Catia sneered" Go to hell, oh wait you're allready here.. Welcome to the demon's playground.. Now I'll show you why NO ONE CROSSED ME!"

The ground began to shake and glow.. I looked down.. oh crap.. this was not good, I had walked headlong into a trap.. I sprang backwards just as Belda and Godfrey caught up with me.

" Are you out of your damn mind?" he asked me, yanking me back from where the chasm was growing wider" you could've gotten yourself killed!" He was mad at me and , truthfully rightly so. I just couldn't let Marasha get away though, not when she was right within our grasp!

A stone like coffin rose out of the ground, swirls and symbols painted on the lid. As it cooled the coffin opened to reveal a man..

I quickly covered Belda's eyes while I took a guard stance. He was about the same size as Qui Gon but it was not him. Elder by a few years.. Silver hair tied into a warrior's bun atop his head and piercing brown eyes. A gasp left my lips.. " Hoth..".


The ground shook again and a second coffin revealed itself. it was slimmer , a female coffin. As Lord Hoth stepped from his coffin and took the bundle of clothes offered to him the second coffin opened.

A woman rose out of the coffin, snow white hair and blue eyes. She was dressed in white robes of a Jedi Historian. There was no doubt in my mind who she was. " Atris.."

Both walked to Catia and dropped to one knee, arm across their chest. Grinning manically, she handed them both elgantly crafted lightsabers.

They nodded their heads in unison and rose from their positions, turning towards us. I moved back against Godfrey and Belda. " Godfrey, Hoth.. Belda.. Marasha is yours.. Atris is mine."


We moved as one, my lightsaber was already ignited, spinning in my hands. Atris proved to be a formidible opponent, matching me blow for blow. Suddenly a red glow came into her eyes and I just narrowly missed being fried by a blast of sith lightning. " So you want to play rough eh?
Well I didn't get stuck with Catia for 20 years with nothing!"

I jumped back , flipping over Godfrey and Hoth who were dueling in a fast and furious blur and felt the force crackle around me. My mind was clear as it had ever been. it was like.. God unless you experience it it's nearly impossible to explain but the force moved with my will and shot for Atris from my fingertips. You guessed right.

I just used force lightning. On my own volition, not with Catia's aid.. on my own .

Atris was blown back into the rock wall and collapsed into a heap.. I turned just as Godfrey somersaulted over my head and reaching behind his back for something. Hoth came barreling for him and I parried the blow just as Atris rose and twisted towards me.

Two blades of blue light ignited and parried Atris's strike at my head. I was momentarily shocked and rather impressed as well. A double bladed saber? Well.. He's full of suprises.

TBC
Until Later
Pho

9 comments:

Tash199 said...

all husbands have a right to get mad most of the time
DON SCARE ME LIKE THAT PHO!
u almost gave me a heartattack and... at a time like this!?

Phobia said...

It's rare he gets angry at me.. this time I deserved it and I know it.. galaxy hopping can wear on a person..

Godfrey Zebulon said...

I'm only worried about you Pho.. I couldn't bear it if something happened to you.. Your the first good thing that's hapened.. and.. well I can't let anything happen to you.. * hugs*

Unknown said...

Godfrey mad? Now there's a first.

Darth Vader said...

Give into your anger...

Tash199 said...

shut up Vader!
well yeah I mean Jace barely ever gets mad if he does its at... himself
its hard to get guilty about somethin u've done when the luv of ur life gets mad bout it

Jinx Miakoda said...

its hard to accept the truth at times

Phobia said...

Vader: Screw off.. A, you know how bad I can get when I'm pissed.. second.. this is only a sliver.. if he were to get really angry.. he'd make the whole sith order look like babies.

Tash:I second the can it vader part.Same thing with Godfrey more times than not.. He knows how destructive anger can be though.. that and he's a pretty easygoing guy.


jinx: without the truth there is no order. But truth must be tempered with hope. too much of one or the other can bring destruction.

Godfrey Zebulon said...

What she says is true Vader. I have seen the totalarianness of destruction through anger. It's pointless, meaningless and simply put. Stupid.