Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Return of the Raven Pt 1

The nearer we got to Telos, the more shivers danced down my spine. I had explained to Godfrey and Belda we must not reveal we were Jedi knights. I was the last surviving heir to Xanatos' fortune and my husband and I needed to come and make some arrangements before moving to our new home on Naboo.

"but why must we keep secret the fact we are Jedi?" Belda asked me

" Because, the circumstances of my father's death left many Telosnosians feeling bitter hatred towards the Jedi of the Repbulic..We need to be careful"

The ship landed and we disembarked, dressed in typical civillian clothes. I wrapped an arm around Godfrey's waist and took Belda's hand." remember no using the force unless we are in danger"We walked down the ramp to greet the head of the Offworld Corpration.

" you say you are the daughter of Xanatos?"

I nodded" yes.. I only found out a little while ago and have come to claim my inheratance.. I have fallen down on my luck and need the money.. We don't want our daughter to grow up starving and having to resort to stealing for food.."I pulled Belda close smiling sadly.

" Well we just need to perform a small blood test ot make certain and all will be arranged"
I nodded and the man went out of the room. A kind woman with blonde hairand green eyes walked in with a syringe and a small vial. I rolled up my sleeve and offered her my arm." this might hurt a bit miss.. plese try and hold still." The needle was one of those 6 inch long ones and

I paled a little but nodded.I turned my head away and felt the pinprick and a few moments later I was bandaged up and out of the way.

When we were alone I looked around the room. This had to have been dad's room.. it spoke volumes in the force to me. When the man returned I asked" um.. I was wondering.. I know my father died under suspicious circumstances, but I was wondering.. can I see where he rests? please?"

" Of course, and the blood test came out fine.. You can collect as much as you need within the hour"

"Thank you. .Belda, come on. We need to go place some flowers on Grandpa's grave"
We exited the room and made our way out where a redheaded woman waited for us. " Come, I'll take you to him"

We walked the wild paths up into the mountains. Above the city the view was breathtaking. " I will wait for you here.. it's at the top of the hill.. when you are ready come and find me."
I went ahead of the others, climbing the path as though I had been here before. An old song haunted my steps.. one I remembered hearing him sing.. I don't know from when or where though..

" Ma di la yo pan yon gonsi o da kesta dway bi ming milan les sa v ya fe ous su nigh o don give in to a crus sa gan lo gas sa to di la pin yaro may dor gin gway la di li cho me da la le la ya fin yarro ba le ma mor ma day bre ghan"

The sun was dipping lower in the horizion as the song echoed over and over form my lips like a broken record. finally when it seemed to unwind itself from my being, I could hear a hollow laugh and claping from the shadows of the mauseloum.

" Bravo.. voice of a songbird.. shame I'll have to cut it out"

I turned to see...

TBC
Til Later
Phobia

6 comments:

Catia Ravenstone said...

Poetic.. truly poetic.. Like the final acts of a play.. Your curtain falls soon Phobia

Phobia said...

Screw off.. I'll kill you yet . And when Harusame comes to drag you into hell I'll laugh.

Godfrey Zebulon said...

Your time is comming Catia, I will rip you out of her if I must, but your evil will be broken, whatever it takes.

Jinx Miakoda said...

like I said before Catia I will KICK UR ASS! We ALL will!

Tash199 said...

yeah we will beat u up any day Catia

Catia Ravenstone said...

Feh* dusts hands* You know in your heart of hearts I speak the truth. If not for your pathetic little freind I would still be imprisoned. But because of her I am not and I am taking my chance.