Thursday, March 01, 2007

A com call and sharing the news

So .. we're set and ready to leave for Corellia tomorrow. Belda is staying with some of her freinds while I'm away and I left her instructions that she is not to go wandering by herself and if possible stay within the temple walls. I sort of feel guilty about leaving her by herself for a full week , but I need the break for heaven's sakes..


The pups were staying at the temple as well as Odi.. Lisette was the only one comming with me thank the force.. I was pratically floating in all my excitement. We'd went shopping the previous evening and had managed to almost wipe out my petty cash from my sabbac games .. New clothes and also books and .. some other things which he isn't privvy to and won't be until I'm ready to show him* winks*
I

had comed Anakin last night and left him a short message of" If I'm not here just so you don't worry I'm on Correllia" I'm pretty much guessing he thought I had went off the deep end.. It was just then my com beeped.. I recgonized the number.. I gulped.. here we go..


" Pho , Skywalker.. Please tell me why you are going to Correllia of all places?" he sounded tired ,I hoped the council wasn't running him raggad again


I took a deep breath and said .. " Anakin.. you're the only one I'd trust with this.. but.. I'm getting married!" I was grinning from ear to ear as Godfrey came out of the other room and looked at me questioningly.


I gestured for him to be quiet as I listened to Anakin's reply.


" Your what? Repeat that!" Okay.. someone needed blood pressure meds..


" Anakin.. I.. I'm getting married.. " was he going to fly off the handle too?


A long pause followed.. Man this was not good then.. "Wow have I went nuts finally? or did the order change that fast?"


I chuckled at his very good attempt at dry humor and responded as I started throwing things into a suitcase" No Anakin.. the circumstances are diffrent.. much diffrent.. you see the guy I'm marrying.. the attachment bit has been waved for him . You remember the royal family of Correllia? I'm marrying Godfrey Zebulon ,Anakin.. the prince of Correllia" .. My voice was about to crack I was so nervous..


Another small pause then "How did you manage to pull that off? I'm happy for you he must be some man to win your heart"


I was near to tears I was so happy, Godfrey hugged me tightly then went to double check things as I spoke" he is Anakin.. the best man I have ever met.. 1 look that's all I needed .. I mean after everything that happened with Mace.. I didn't know if I culd fall in love.." I trailed off with a smile then " If you can, do you think you can come to Correllia .. we're leaving tomorrow for a week straight.. the council thinks it's a diplomatic mission, it technically is.. Godfrey is the negoaatior for the two factions on planet.. it's close to Civil War Ani.. "


Oh please.. let him be able to come! I didn't want to be by myself with none of my freinds around on the happiest day of my life!


"I can try, Pho. I'm allmost done with this menial grunt work Obi Wan set me to before he left.." I could hear a snort in the background ". I might have to met you whereever you are going. I have one more thing to take care of here"A sigh," And it'll take me a while, even with my expertiece"


I breathed a sigh of relief" You are the absoulete best jedi, friend and brother I could have.. You have no idea how much it means to me.. I only trust you with this.. If Obi Wan were to find out, he'd hit the roof.. " My voice faded a bit as I took a drink of water.. " We're going to be at the Star Light space dock, I'll meet you in the grand library if you can come okay? Thank you so much Anakin"


I could almost feel him smiling through the force " I wouldn't let you down. I'll be there as fast as I can. Don't worry your secret is safe with me"


If I could have hugged him I would have. " Thanks Ani.. And don't worry about Belda.. I've already left her instructions and such.. she's staying with freinds.. and I have Cin watching over her. Deimos out.. I'll see you soon"


After our coms clicked out I turned to Godfrey who was watching me with a bemused expression .. " What was that all about?" he asked me dropping the bag in his hands and taking me in his arms. Isighed resting my cheek on his chest. " Anakin agreed to come to the ceremony.. What day do you think maybe?"


He looked thoughtful for a moment then looked down at me, a smile on his face" Well I was thinking we could have 4 days to get settled in have the wedding on the fifth day which leaves us 2 days give or take for our honeymoon.." I looked up at him questioningly.. " Why do we need 2 days for our honeymoon hon?"


He chuckled and for the next minute or so I was being soundly deprived of air . When he finally let me up he grinned wickedly and whispered" I want to make sure we have all the time in the world.. So you can take your time.. I plan to with you.. "


My stomach was all knotty and jumpy but I just hugged him and kissed his nose beofre slipping away to gather the last of the bags " I have no idea what you're talking about but I'm sure you'll show me when you're ready.. "


Just then his com beeped.


He answered, a few choice words under his breath and I had to stifle a giggle. " Yes? oh.. okay I'll be right there.. "


He hung up and hugged me quickly" I have to go, one of the padawans got a broken arm in combat pratice.. see what happens when I have to get a sub?" he chuckled and hurried out the door" Love you! I'll be back later"


I smiled and collapsed onto the couch idly stroking Lisette. I was going to be married in less than a week to the best man in the whole world.. The sith were leaving me be.. Life was good.. it wasn't going to last for too long, I knew..

Til Later
Pho

13 comments:

padawanbeldapinik said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
padawanbeldapinik said...

Hello there My Master, I am going to miss you very much. I do wish I could have gone too. But I know my place is here at the Temple. I will obey you and not wonder away from the Temple. I could end up lost again or worse. And with many Jedi missing... I dont wanna chance it. Sisious is still out there, and I am safe here at the Temple. Please return soon. May the Force be with you always!

Phobia said...

*winks* Belda I'll be back soon I promise. A wek will past faster than you think then I will be back. Yes i wish you could have come too but it would have been too suspicious*hugs* do not worry about me and stay safe. I'll be home soon.

Godfrey Zebulon said...

Belda I'll take good care of her and make sure we get back safe and sound.. there's nothing to worry about. If I can we'll see about something for you when we're there okay?

Unknown said...

Ani can't say much...
I'll shut up now.
Congrats!

Skywalker said...

D.J. hush.
Congrats, Pho.

Darth Vader said...

Of course Skywalker can't say anything.

But then again your path is just as foolish as his.

Phobia said...

Ani,DJK thanks* hugs* and Vader, *shakes head* quit trying to ruin a good moment. We rarely have any at this time in life so shut up.

Godfrey Zebulon said...

Anakin, DJK thanks.. I really do appreciate it. Vader,you had your chance, don't be jealous of others.

Darth Inferna said...

Hmmm... Perhaps, using this new marriage thing in the order, I can inevitably get Erifia to fall in love, marry someone, then on their wedding night take over, and ruin her life... Its... Brillant BRILLANT BRILLANT!

Phobia said...

um... 0.o.. slightly nuts are we? well then againthat just might be me..

------------------

Good idea, but use some finesse. Not on her wedding night.. wait til she acutally has a life. It will make the pain all the more powerful..

Summer Dawn O'Ciardha said...

Okay, real clever, Yzma.

Tash199 said...

hey Phob u copied Ani and I! dude I'm friggin married as well! Good luck! Congrats XOXO