Wednesday, March 14, 2007

My Return to Coruscant and a new mission

I swear I have never been happier.We are on our way back to Coruscant in Godfrey's fighter.At current I'm finding myself snuggled against Godfrey with a holopad in my hands typing away. I won't go into too many details of after the wedding directly save to say I am one of the luckiest women on the face of this galaxy I feel something has changed , for both better and worse. I feel.. it's hard to describe but it's like a warm blanket over my chilled mind..

His eyes were fixed over the system of the five brothers as we departed. He worries about me, this I know for certain. just last night I woke screaming from a nightmare . It was the panther again twisting my dreams. I broke down crying in his arms, begging him to take my nightmares away. He held me tightly until I was able to calm down enough that I could go back to sleep. But I was awake again an hour later shaking madly.

It took some doing but I managed to slip out of bed and head to the fresher for some water. The mirror on the cabniet tempted me madly. I knew that just behind it lay the answer I sought to help me sleep without nightmares. I opened the cabniet and removed a few bottles of pills.I pulled out four of the blue ones, two red and one white.


It had started with pain releivers to help with my battle injuries and it just went downhill from there. now I was taking drug coctails just to be able to sleep. A dreamless, sound sleep. Where I could wake and not have my heart pumping in terror. I know it isn't the right way , not healthy but I am desprete for peace, to be able to have inner calm. Godfrey gives me everything he has, all of his support and love to get me through this, but I feel like I am smoke billowing and curling every which way.

Smoke that not even Godfrey can catch.I cling to him for support.. I love him dearly with all of my soul. I could not bear the thought of anything happening to him. He is my world, if anything happened to him I know I would pass into the force in a matter of moments.
I downed the pills and my feet swayed dangerously as I stumbled back to the cot he and I shared.I could catch the scent of his colonge as my head hit the pillow. I could hear his voice calling my name through a thick fog but it was just too much of a struggle as I scumbed to the darkness


When I woke the rubmle of the fighter had stopped and we were back. My head was pounding as I sat up and was promptly tackled by Belda" Master Deimos!" she was all smiles and laughs " Did the mission go as planned? Are you and Master Godfrey okay?" Nodding I headed for the council room. They had a new mission for me. Cin had told me as such on the way in. I knelt before the council as Godfrey gave the " mission report"

Nodding his approval Yoda turned to me" A new mission for you we have"
Mace flicked on a holoprojector and began to speak.


" General Grievous has been spotted near the Utapu system. Your instructions are to bring him back if possible, kill if you must. You leave in the morning."

I nodded and bowed before leaving.


So I would be chasing Grievous.. The information scrolling across my datapad told me Godfrey would be the only one acompying me. This mission was too dangerous for Belda to handle just yet. if she had been a few months older she would have been allowed to accompy me.This wouldn't do one bit. they HAD to quit babying her!. So after using up most of my sleep time arguing with Yoda, Windu and Kit fisto over it, they finally relented.

I headed back to my rooms, tired and in much need of a rest. But the pups were barking to be let out so I took them for a walk. they were getting to be big now and they needed to go to new homes. I would keep Odi unless someone offered to adopt her and in the meantime.. Force I neeeded sleep and I needed to prepare. .

I floated sets of clothes into a nearby bag and crashed in front of the couch watching the podraces. I only had a few hours then I was going to be sent out again. I'd need every wink of sleep I could get. Even if it was filled with nightmares.


Anakin had been sent off on a new mission as soon as he had come back. He had told me from a com message that no sooner than his fighter landed back at the temple his com had rang and it was the council. He would be back soon as he was able and* chuckles* he warned me to stay out of trouble.. Like he has to tell me.. But trouble finds me, I don't look for it. Simply put.


Morning came all too soon for me. We were taking a specially outfitted fighter with all the latest technology. My guess it was one of Anakin's new prototypes but no one on the council would admit it. Obi Wan is out on another mission as well somewhere here on Coruscant. That's all I know though I have a sneaking suspicion where I could find him if I had to, but that's all I am saying on that subject.


Once I got Belda up and moving she was a blur of motion around the apartment packing everything up. godfreyand I had packed last night. i was dead on my feet while we made out way to the fighter.. Thankfully it was big enough for some beds and a small room for saber pratice and meditation. I made a note to thank Anakin . Once in flight to Utapau I explained to Belda what our mission was in depth.


" I know you don't turn 10 for a little while yet, but I brought along parts for an early birthday present" I reached over for the spare sack I had packed with lightsaber parts . " While en route to Utapau I think you'll be needing this" I pulled out a special teal colored power crystal I had spent weeks hunting for just for her . " Happy Birthday Belda.. now why don't you get to work? I think I need a nap before we land in a few hours.. If you need some help.. either wake me or ask Godfrey okay? I'm not bored or anything.. just" I stifled a yawn " Really really tired . It took me six hours of arguing for them to let me bring you. along, but.. " I smiled" It was worth every second.. I'm very proud of you Belda, never forget that. Tools are on the table.. if you need me I'll be in the next room over and Godfrey is straight up the hall in the cockpit okie?"


She nodded, obviously estatic with he birthday present.. " And you know, we 'll have a party too .." I nearly got tackled to the floor " Thank you Master!" she was grinning from ear to ear. I grinned back and shooed her over to the table" Now go get to work, time's wasting Belda"
As she hurried over to begin work on her new lightsaber, I had to smile. I was able to make one young lady very happy today. that was all that mattered to me.

I sent a message along our bond to Godfrey that Belda was working on her saber and she might come to him for help then I headed off to one of the back cots. Force help me I didn't even manage to kick off my boots but I was asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Til Later
Pho

10 comments:

Master Adana said...

Be careful Pho. Grievous might be a cowards but even cowards have their day. Contact me if you need anything. I am here for you

Master Obi-Wan said...

Pho, I agree with Adana. He has been running and hiding for a long time now. Beware of his guards as well.

padawanbeldapinik said...

Thank you so much my Master for the crystal to make my own saber. I am busly working on it alone... Not to worry Master Kenobi and Master Adana, Master Godfrey and my Master are way smarter than that cyborg-bug. Besides I will do my very best to see to it that they return back safely. And I will also mind my P's and Q's too and obey them also. It is important to the mission that I do so...

Darth Vader said...

Grievous. HA! Now that was walking tuna can.

Skywalker said...

Your the tuna can, buddy.

Don't get me started on Grievous!

Unknown said...

He always runs. Chicken.

Phobia said...

Adana: I know that all too well , look at Granta.

Obi Wan: The guards are warm up. And I'm one of the few who can think like a bad guy.. I hunted demons so what d ya expect?

Belda: I'm very glad you like your crystal for your saber.I have been remiss in not showing you the respect you deserve. I apologie and it will not happen again. If I fail in this.. feel free to hit me with a book* chuckles*

Darth vader: I am inclined to agree with you.. but I have a better name for him.. grumpy light up tuna can.

Ani: I won't.. but if things go to sith do me a favor and kick his rear end from one end of the galaxy to the other.

DJK: I know.. and stay sane.. don't let Vader get to you.

Godfrey Zebulon said...

Don't worry, i'll have your back Pho.. Grievous thinks he'll get his hooks in you, he has another thought comming.

Lysandra said...

Grievous is an idiot *snorts* a pile of scrap metal, to quote that game. I haven't had to slightest idea how you can stand anakin and vader snipping at each other all the time though

Phobia said...

I have one for that, patience.