Thursday, March 08, 2007

A final goodbye

When I woke again it was twilight and the sun was beaming through the curtains. I reached for Godfrey and found him gone. I got up from bed and looked around the room barefoot. My mouth dropped open when I saw the dress he had hung up for me . It was a shining velvet black dress with a celtic knotwork down the waist. With it was a set of golden combs with rubies and black shoes set in silver. With it , a note

Phobia
The funeral is set for sunset tonight I was able to find clothes for you for the service. meet me downstairs for dinner then we can go shopping if you want
With love
Godfrey


I dressed quickly in my usual clothes and hurried downstairs where Godfrey was just finishing grilled cheese sandwiches and some light munchies . I ate like I was a famished woman with a banquet set before her. In truth my energy had been dipping rather low and it made me tired more easily. Once we were done He gathered up a coat for me and he pulled on his denim hacket and guided me out into the bustling bazar, one arm protectively at my waist. There were hundreds of shops all around I couldn't pick what to get and what to save.. I eventually settled on some of the prettiest stuff I could find including a whole arabian dancer's jewelry set, and well just about everything there I could think of that wasn't too terribly expensive


The one thing that I did sort of splurg on was this beautiful crystal bracelet. In one of the others shops there was a stunning silver and onyx necklace but I didn't get it because it was too expensive.. though I figured it would look lovely with the black dress. We returned to the manor and I managed to find my way up to my room to get ready. After a quick bath and letting my hair air dry by the big french vernanda windows I proceeded to get myself dressed, which was easier than it sounded.


The first thing was the.. you guessed it.. corset.. ugh.. After the party at Sky city I made sure to keep the laces loose, but after about 10 minutes of trying to figure it out, I managed to get laced correctly with no help thanks much* grins* .. The dress was easy , but the last few laces were refusing to cooperate . I was seriously about to have a hissy fit whenever Godfrey knocked at the door. I told him to come in as I sat down on the bench in front of the vanity, the dress slipping around my shoulders and pooling just below my diphragm.

I could hear him snickering at my obvious predicment and I turned a frustrated eye on him" and what pray tell is so bloody amusing ?"

He said nothing but guided me up off the bench and with a ease I had no idea he possessed laced up the back of my dress for me When he turned me around I just stared like a karp out of water.

" how did you learn to do that?"

At my look he laughed outright. " I've had a lot of pratice"

A devilish gleam was hiding just beneath those cerulan orbs but I didn't question it knowing I would just give myself a headache.Passing me the combs I pulled up my hair so it was in an elgant french bun. it was just then I noticed his reflection in the miror. He too was dressed all in black, tunic, undertunics,pants and boots. He took my breath away. I reached for my boots and laced them up quickly.

We would be late if I didn't hurry. Arton was to be buried on the rocky cliffs overlooking the Asheria Sea. The place where he had met Godfrey's mother. Who I found out from a few questions at last, her name was Aurora.

Just before we left he pulled a box from behind his back with a flourish . When I just sat there he laughed and said " go on open it! I got it for you today at the bazar.. "
When I undid the green ribbion and lifted the lid I let out a little peal of suprise. There sat the black and silver onyx necklace i had been eyeing in the bazar. " Godfrey.. how.. how did you know? "


He gave me a knowing glance. " I know the shopkeeper and she has been around for a long time.. She took an instant liking to you the second she saw you.. When I asked her if you had gotten anything she tells me"Ouch nay.. but she was eyeing the Hecate necklace there in the window.. She didn't get it though.. Probably feared you'd reprimand her for buing something so expensive"

I threw my arms around him and hugged him tightly. It was beautiful! i had a feeling that if Obi Wan could see me his reaction would be the same as Anakin' ss slackjawed one when we met him in the grand hall.. amazement.

Kneeling behind me, he undid the clasp and draped it around my neck smiling at my reflection in the window. " C'mon..beautiful.. We need to get going" He pulled me up and kissed my cheek as we headed for our ride.


We walked arm and arm down to where there was one of the waiting charriots to take us to the cliffs. A team of four magnificent black stallions pulled us along. A haunting song could be heard getting louder and louder as we got closer to the shoreline. When the coach pulled to a stop I stepepd out and my eyes could not take in the beauty fast enough.


I will try my best to describe the beauty of the Asheria sea in a few short sentances though it will no wear near do it justice. It was truly the work of a master artist. The cliffs were as though sculpted from the chisel of Gastsburo Da Volvie of Naboo. As we approached the assembled group of people, I saw that Arton had been dressed in his best clothes and was lying in a boat with what looked to be an ancient broadsword in his hands.I understood then. He would be sent unto the force like Master Qui Gon had been.


As Godfrey spoke to the assembled throng gathered at the shoreline I gripped his arm and sent him as much support as I possibly could.Finally when his voice faltered, I found mine. " Though I only met King Arton once, he was a kind and good man who accepted me for who I was. " I saw men gathering on the edges of the wood behind us and I instantly recgonized them as trouble and I raised my voice so I could be heard even by them. " And I beg you, do not let this world Arton fought so hard to protect and love fall into the cluctches of civil war. We all will pass on sometime. Why litter this world, a place of beauty and tranquility with blood? Do you want to see your parents ,your children, those you love here? Then if you say nay. I ask you, no I implore you, help us bring this world back into one united place where we might all live in peace.."

Most fell back but one stupid one remained. " who are you to tell us what to do? What reason do you have to speak? you are not of this world!"


Though the insult hurt Godfrey and Anakin; who stood nearby the two of us, a somber expression on his face, I drew in a deep breath and pulled my answer straight from the force." All worlds are one, we are all bothers and sisters here. As for who I am? I am simply a woman who wishes to live in peace with the man she loves. Free from war, free from death and pain, both of the mental and physical persusaion. We suffer enough. why bring more?"
He stood there, as though not used to being spoken to like an equal then nodded respectfully and withdrew.

Godfrey looked at me in suprise and I nudged him to get on with the cermony. It was getting late and some of the children who were there with their mothers were begining to shiver with the evening cold. I could see Anakin smiling slightly out of the corner of my eye.

" Now as my father gave unto this planet, let it recieve him into it's loving embrace. One journey ends, another beigns"

He took hold of one strong longbow , black and fitted a white arrow to it. He passed the other to me and both were lit aflame.

Following his lead, mine ironically enough white with a black arrow, we fired the first two arrows towards the boat where Arton lay. Then at a guard's command another batallion of archers fired off another volley of arrows and the boat burst into a blossoming fireball.

As I stood there, watching Arton's remains being burnt to ash to give back to the planet he so loved, a glimmer of light caught on my conciousness. I turned just slightly to see a man and woman embracing much like Godfrey and I were.The woman had blonde hair, a cascade of curls falling to her waist, a white rose wreath crowning her head. She had blue eyes. The man standing next to her I recgonized instantly though he was much much younger..
I bowed my head smiling to both and Aurora bowed her head to me and I heard her voice in my head.

" You have given me back the man I love and saved the planet I loved.. Bless you Phobia.. and may you and my son find much happiness together.. You both have our blessings.Farewell"


They vanished as quickly as they came and I hugged Godfrey's waist as the last embers of the boat diminished and the group started to disperse. I shivered reflexevly as the cold air bit across my neck. He looked down at me through his glasses with a half stern half bemused expression. Gus Talon , Corellia's moon rising high above us in the dark night. " Cold much?" I saw he was concerned so I shook my head. Please I'd been to Hoth .. I could handle this.Though he was nearby I heard Anakin say he would meet us back at the house whenever we were ready.He would walk the cold night air doing him well.


"Something else?" Godfrey asked me . The set of his face had changed slightly.. I didn't quite understand it.. I wasn't frigthened by it .. I was.. excited I didn't know what it meant but I was willing to learn.. He lead me back to the coach, but when I caught a glimpse of his eyes, they were a deep jade.. I reached through the force towards him and felt love and something else.. wild and feral.. It shuddered through me like a tidal storm. By the time I got to the carrage to take us back to the manor my knees were so weak Godfrey had to lift me inside.


As the coach lurched I explained to him breathlessly what had struck me dumb and why.He was gentle with me as he pulled me into his lap and explained a few things that in my years I had never had to know and also promised me that when our wedding night came that he would be as gentle and as careful as he could with me. I leaned against him and sighed happily. I had the best of it all.. A man who cared for me enough not to simply take what he wanted and leave.. He would make sure we shared it..


When the coach pulled up in front of the house I was near falling asleep on my feet.All I knew was ghosting hands as they gently removed my clothes and helped me dress for bed. Nothing happened for all you hentais who would be dying to know. Soon as I was in bed, he joined me a few minutes later for a while.. but he was up by sunrise, running through his katas in the morning's light in the garden alongside Anakin who for some reason unknown to heaven had chosen to join him ..

I watched them from the balcony as they moved from the meidocore ones all the way up to the top level black belt katas. Force I was drooling over Godfrey like an idiot and frankly I really didn't care. I saw Anakin glance up at me once and smirk.. Figures .. I think maybe I might see if we can go dancing today.. there is a festival in town of Telosian gypsies.

Til Later
Phobia

9 comments:

padawanbeldapinik said...

Hello there my Master, I am so sorry for Master Godfrey's father going. Hope you all cheer up soon!

Phobia said...

We will.. I'll make sure of it.. No worries.. I know how much it hurts, but there's something more we have to look forward to..

Unknown said...

*sniff* so sad.

Godfrey Zebulon said...

I know.. at least he's with mother now

Phobia said...

*hugs Godfrey* I'll do whatever I can to heal you..whatever i am able..

Godfrey Zebulon said...

Oh Pho.. just you being near helps more than you know.. We can help each other.. Just trust me..

Phobia said...

You have my trust.. you have my love, now and forever.This I swear.

Skywalker said...

Death is never fun.

Tash199 said...

corsets suck!