Sunday, March 18, 2007

Arrival on Utapau and a faceoff with a General

Belda woke me about 5 hours later" Master.. look ! it's done and just in time.Master Godfrey said we're here"

After I had her test it out just to be sure it was working I instructed her to clip it to her belt and follow me

The planet of Utapu is one of a desolate landscape. Not my sort of place you understand, but I am sent where I am needed. I could not shake the feeling that something was going to happen, something bad. I had spoken to Godfrey at length about it and he managed to assuage my fears .The fighter had a cloaking device which was most helpful whenever we skidded to a stop and I gesutred for Godfrey to stay put while I went to speak with the Utapuian leader.

" What brings you here lady Jedi?" I smiled a bit. Simple and to the point, no politics no smoke and miror. I liked this man already.

"I'm afraid war does "

" There is no war here, unless you have brought it with you. Who are your companions?" he asked, gesturing to Godfrey who waited patiently by the fighter and Belda who stood quietly next to me

" My companion is a man of few words, one who trained with Sensei Porgan. We have been sent here in search of General Grievous. The one here with me is my apprentice Belda Pinik."

The Utapauian's eyes widened and he moved closer to me, his head blocking the view of others from the upper levels. " He is here!" he hissed" We are being held hostage! the 10th level, thousands of battle dorids!"

I only blinked once, showing him I understood" Well then it seems our search has been in vain. With your kind permission I should like some fuel for our fighter and to use your city as a base of operations"

Belda went to glance up but I used my free hand to make her keep focus Do not alert him or all is lost for these people Belda

She simply blinked Yes my master

He nodded " What shall we do?"

As I turned to make my way back I barely moved my lips as I spoke" if you have warriors, now is the time"

When I got back to the fighter I comed Commander Cody" we've made contact"

"We'll join you soon black leader, watch yourself hm?"

A ghost of a smile tugged my lips " You listen to Kenobi too much. Just get here.. We have a battle to win"

Cody saluted and the holoimage clicked out. I stripped off my brown robe and donned a black one. Godfrey did likewise, knowing the brown robes would make us stand out more than nesscary.

Finding the path was easy. it wound up and up and up. We both walked in silence for a time, the feeling of danger was stil screaming at my nerves but I crushed it like an eggshell.
We came to the fourth level whenever we saw Bogas.


Godfrey smiled and he walked forward , speaking to the stablehand. A few credits and he pulled me along with him Belda following at a quick pace close behind We walked down the line of Bogas until we came to one. It was sort of smallish but there was a pull in the force neither of us could deny.She pawed the ground nervously and I walked up patting her beak with a smile. " This one you think?" I asked him. In answer , he was already on her back a hand extended to me.


I joined him and boosted Belda between us as he made a little clicking sound behind his teeth and she took off up the hill with a lurch. No crop was needed, not really even the reigns. A grin crossed my face of some memories from recent days and I was forced to jerk my head out of my daydreaming when Godfrey cleared his throat.. " Pho.. now is not the time, believe me." His eyes shot to Belda and she looked at us questioningly. " nothing Belda.. bad joke"


I blushed when I realizied I had been projecting rather loudly.I hoped she hand't seen anything. . Finally on the ninth level we dismounted and I turned to the boga " Its time for you to go home girl" I patted her beak and she turned galloping down the hill.
I motioned to Godfrey and Belda.

Together we climbed the hill and hid ouselves in the hangar bay as we saw Grievous stalking up and down the lines of troops. A brief nod to each other and we dropped into the throng of battle droids sabers ignited as my eyes locked on Grievous.


" Why hello there General" a smirk crossed my lips and I wanted to laugh at the seemingly twisted hate on his metal face.Hate was so misplaced now a days.I had heard his story. He didn't need to hate us, who he needed to hate was the ones who caused the crash that made him loose everything and become a slave to the banking clan.


" A Jedi.. what do you know.. I had expected them to send someone of a more illustrious rank after me .. pity .. pity.. and a baby? is this the best the Jedi have to offer? "


To Belda's credit she didn't move a muscle or say a word. She has no idea how proud she made me just then


Godfrey's voice cut through the shadows" Then that should tell you something general.. you are a toy, a slave to the banking clan.. you are no longer important for the higher ups to worry about you."

Belda stood behind Godfrey,saber ignited, ready to attack if needed.

The general twisted to fix his eyes on us " Is that so eh? Well whenever they find your corpses in the space above coruscant then they will listen to us!"

In a howl of metal, he attacked.
Til Later
Pho

13 comments:

padawanbeldapinik said...

Hello there My Master... He called me a baby? If I wasnt so sacred of him I woulda poped off his head! I'll let it slide... At least I have me saber made.

Phobia said...

Should I be nervous that your sounding like Vader padawan? Wait.. yeah I should be.

Godfrey Zebulon said...

Yes , Pho you should be. We don't need a mini Vader running around*laughs* okay okay.. REALLY bad joke , I'll admit that one.

Unknown said...

Did she say 'pop his hjead off'?
O.o

Skywalker said...

She did. I expected that from you, DJ. *snirk*

Phobia said...

No I expected that from YOU Ani.. DJK.. scared me too.. creepy that is.

Darth Vader said...

You beat Grevious?

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Wake up!

Phobia said...

I am awake you sith freak.... I have faith in the force that if it is meant to be so it will be so. unlike you who has faith in no one or nothing.

Erifia Apoc said...

Grevious isn't that hard of an oppenant. I promise.

Godfrey Zebulon said...

That's what I told her but she still worries * sigh*

Phobia said...

Thank you Erifia, but it all depends if there any mistakes made. I certainly do not intend to make any but we will have to see where this pans out.

Summer Dawn O'Ciardha said...

Why do you simply not pour water on him? He is a robot, right? That works in the movies.

Phobia said...

Tried that a long time ago.. doesn't work.. Grievous is a diffrent type of robot.. screwball he is.