Saturday, March 10, 2007

Celebrations and Departures

When I woke that morning, he wasn't there of course.. I knew he wouldn't be seeing as how today was our wedding. the thought made me want to get up and just twirl around the room giggling to myself.But I knew I had other things to do. first was.. Oh good lord.. When I took stock of myself in front of the full length mirror I knew I was a mess. I nearly tripped over the sheets that had somehow wrapped themselves around me the previous night as I hurried for the fresher .A little rose oil and lavander bath crystals and I was brand new.. and ready to start a new life with Godfrey.

As I was pulling on the petticoats and such my mind skipped and twirled. Today I would be his.. Today I would finally find love.. forever..Godfrey had told me yesterday to choose anything in the shifrobe for my gown saying that I would look stunning in anything. As I was poking through the dressed hung neatly on the racks my mind drifted to my dream of the previous night.

I was in the room of a thousand fountains.Belda was there, so was Godfrey. 2 children were playing at my feet. I wore a white gown with a white ribbion down the waist and to the floor. The little girl, with brown eyes like mine and blonde hair like Godfrey's came running to me and extended her short little arms towards me and said.. I remember very clearly" Pick me up mamma!"

It was then I woke in a cold sweat.

I came to the last dress in the cabniet and I nearly fainted from suprise.. No.. how.. how could this be? My hands gently lifted the same dress from my dream out from the dark shifrobe and spread it out on the bed.. This was my wedding gown.. I was sure of it.I dressed quickly and sat in front of the vanity, brushing my hair carefully until it coiled at my shoulders.my shoes , white with golden trimsat by the vanity as I applied small doses of makeup. I could feel the force charged, electric around me , telling me this was right.. this was where I was meant to be. There was a knock at the door which I went to answer. There stood anakin, a white shirt and black pants. His lightsaber was nowhere in sight, but I had a pretty good idea he had it on him anyway.

" Pho I just came by to check on you.. Godfrey is a nervous wreck and.. wow.. you look amazing.." he said grinning at me as he took a step back to take me in fully. the only thing I was missing were the white roses that sat on the table which I had to twine into a wreath for my hair and my shoes.

As I pulled on my shoes I began talking , maybe it was just a rambling.. or something more" you have no idea how happy I am right now Anakin.. You being here means the world to me , more than the world.. everything.. you know when I was little I always dreamed of a great big wedding with everyone I knew there and we were all happy. "

My fingers worked the vines as I continued to talk

" But then my master woke me up to what the truth of the Jedi was. I would never have a big wedding. In fact we are not permitted to marry. Though many Jedi masters married and had children the law camwe down we were forbidden from marrying alltogether . though they forget we are human , we are falliable. I fear for the order Anakin, I fear for it's future. They do not or will not see that we are mere humans. And like mere humans we have a right to be happy. to love, to marry. It tears at my heart that such a great order will one day fall , that all we have worked for will turn to dust."


I looked up from my work, the wine half completed . Anakin's face was tight, his lips drawn into a half scowl. " The order won't end, not so long as I am around"

My fingers wove seamlessly through the greenery and my next reply tumbled from my lips like water" Anakin, someone has to make them see. But not by the sword either, but through diplomacy, thorugh understanding and trust. The sword is not the way to make people see reason. No matter what happens. I will tell you something I have never told anyone.. "

I stopped and let the wreath fall into my lap. " When diplomacy fails, when people must resort to weapons and viloence to make others see their point, or more to it, force it on them, it makes me die in my heart.. For every soul ripped from it's mortal confines.. for every child without a father, for every ..." My throat closed like a vice and refused to let me speak anymore. I began crying..

I could hear his bootsteps on the floor before I felt his durasteel hand grasp my shoulder with the infintie gentleeness he had withhin him, though at times he chose not to show it" Pho.. no crying.. please.. Even though many have died, maybe.. just maybe with the happiness you have, you can help save others..show others the right way.. without a lightsaber"

My head turned and I looked up at him with bleary eyes. " You're right.. oh force you're right.. Thank you Ani.. thank you so much."

He smiled" No problem, now hurry and finish getting ready, Godfrey would have my head if you were late" he said laughing at the last part.

Nodding I hurried and re applied my makeup . My little crying jag had messed up my work.I stood a few minutes later and took Anakin's extended arm.The chapel was down the main hall and through small walk over an outside balcony.

Just before the chapel doors opened,, Anakin arranged my veil for me since any movement I made would have messed up my dress. " Pho.. I know you would have liked to have everyone here, but know they are.. if not in body but in spirit. We're all here for you sister.." He looked like he was about ready to cry a little bit as well but was trying his damndest not to. Wordlessly I handed him a hankie I had found on my way out and as soon as he was ready, the doors opened.

Step by step I made my way down the isle towards Godfrey. Black pants, cream silk tunic and a velvet hunter green vest with silver trim.. My world narrowed to just him. I felt Anakin somewhere nearby, but Godfrey held me spellbound. I heard the buzzing words of the priest and I flowed through the answers esaily. Then the next thing I knew Godfrey was kissing me and my world stopped. My knees were about to collapse under me whenever I heard Anakin shouting over the cheering" Get a room you two!"

I broke away from Godfrey long enough to bat Anakin alongside the head with my boquet before I tossed it into the chapel where a young woman with blonde hair and blue eyes caught it. She looked at me.. then back down to the boquet and fainted.


At the reception, which ended up comming afterthemandatory corination* rolls eyes* it was time for the garter toss. Here's a funny one for you.. You'll never believe who caught my garter..


Yes ladies and gentlemen the chosen one himself Anakin Skywalker. He wasn't even trying. He just stood there and when I looked back it had wound itse'f around Anakin's lightsaber. to his credit he didn't make a crack about it but turned every shade of red possible . the middle was red and the lace.. black.. Oh lord.. I hope someone got a holo of the look on his face..
There were many holos taken that day most of which will end up back with us when we return home.. But for now.. I was catching a quick bite whenever Anakin mmotioned for me to follow him into the hall

" Pho I'm sorry but I have to leave.." he said looking slightly pissed off and sad all at once" I loved being here with everyone, but I need to get back.. They will be searching for me soon"I wanted to cry.. the damn council was runing everything as usual


" Your place is here Pho.. and besides" he smirked a little " you have someone in there who is very anxious for this party to be over.. Take it easy on him huh? "
He always made me laugh" Of course.. I promise"

He hugged me" Be safe Pho, be happy. You've fufilled one of my wishes today.. To see you happy with a man who cares for you..Not someone who didn't know what in his right mind he was missing. he smiled knowingly and then turning, he walked off into the night, his Jedi robes blending in perfectly with the darkness. The moon was the only thing I was able to follow him by until the dark swallowed him up completly.. The only thing that I could see was a certain scrap of red and black..

I went back in the hall , alone and returned to Godfrey's side. After I explained what had happened, he nodded and after a while , with the party and all, we retired to bed for the night.I relished in that electic feeling of the force.. The one that showed me that I was following the force and my heart.
Til Later
Pho

7 comments:

padawanbeldapinik said...

Wow my Master, your wedding day? I do wish I was there to see this. I want to know what a wedding is like.... I know one day I may get to go to one.

My lessons are getting better... I will tell you more when you return my Master.

Phobia said...

*grins* yes it was positevely perfect. And I KNOW you will I have faith in that.One of my fondest wishes is for you to find happiness like I did.*hugs* I'll be home soon.. and there will be a suprise for out next mission , you shall see

Unknown said...

HEEHEE I knew he end up with that.

Not that he needs it.

*slaps hand over mouth*

Phobia said...

I'll pretend I didn't hear that.. but the look was soo worth it.. * giggles*

Skywalker said...

Yeah, yeah, laugh at me...

Phobia said...

Oh Ani , I'm sorry but the look on your face.. I can't help it.. But if it's any consolation I suffered a similar problem.. You didn't get to see but it was just as bad.

Darth Vader said...

Any look on Skywalker's face is amusing.

Mostly when he thinks.