Friday, July 13, 2007

The Trap of the Spider-part 2( and my 100th post)

I was shocked for a moment until Zan Arbor's words registered in my mind.

" All I want is Catia's soul. I will even let you take that useless Jedi Dralling out with you. Give me the soul of the emperess and you are free to go."

Was it really that simple?

I reached out with the force. We were blocked in here. So what was I to do? I still could communicate with Godfrey, but he remained silent as well.

The choice was mine and mine alone to make.

Was Zan Arbor decieving me? I found myself extending my arm to Jenna before I knew truly what I was doing. " If you can get her out without hurting me fatally, get. her. out."
Jenna Zan Arbor nodded and she attached a cuff to my left upper arm and tossed some herbs in the air. . I suddenly began to feel sleepy. I could hear Cin shouting.. Godfrey was running forwards to catch me as I fell...

For a few moments I could not breathe then I felt multitudes of poison leave my body I shuddered over and over again, my head spinning. The corpse on the table near me glowed black. I thought I couldn't stand another moment of it ,but then freash power poured through me.

My own power, taken by Catia was restored to me as her own power transfered to her new body.

I fell to my knees and Zan Arbor helped me to my feet and undid the cuff. "Her soul and body are one now. you are free."

As Godfrey was unhooking Cin I asked her " why?"

She smiled sadly" I learned much from one man years ago, he told me of you and your plight. I know my evil deeds will not go unpunished. Leave me here.. she will kill me the moment she wakes. Go quickly. I will hold her off for as long as I can"


I couldn't believe this.. I didn't want to believe it. But Godfrey was allready pulling me away from the table as Catia began to rise " We have to go NOW!"


I turned and with Cin's arm over my shouldrer we took off at a slow run down the hall ,back through the tunnel and to the ship. Once Cin was aboard I punched in the coordinates and we were in the air within moments.


"Pho! He needs a blood transfusion ! Now!"


I ran back and shook Cin" My freind listen to me. you and I are the same bloodtype Will you let me do this for you now?"


He only nodded once before he fell unconcious.


I didn't waste a second. I took the needle on my end of the tube and jammed it into my arm and took a seat next to Cin's prone body. Crimsion blood flowed through the tube and into Cin's weakened body. For what seemed like ages the blood pumped between us until finally Godfrey pulled the needle from my arm and puled the one from Cin. he lifted me as though Iweighed nothing and carried me into our room. "Sleep now.. you need your rest. "

I was falling fast into a deep sleep" Wait, th cloak.. haf to keep tai n mara safe.. Cin ..can't sense em"

He covered me up with the cloak I wore before draping several blankets over me as I began to shiver. "I'll bring some hot coffee to you both in a little while okay?"

I was fast asleep before the word coffee was said.

And this time for once.

I had no nightmares.

I was free of Catia at last.

Or was I really?

TBC
Pho

9 comments:

Unknown said...

No nightmares? This is good.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the 100th post BTW!

Skywalker said...

No nightmares and 100 posts, sweet.

Phobia said...

*grins* yeah.. it's a great thing for me too.. Thank you thank you everyone.. and Ani you forgot to tack onto that list that ***** is gone now.

Orange Palps said...

Ahahahah! You suck! Sort of like a man trying to get the last bit of a frosty.

Erifia Apoc said...

Congratulation on your 100th. Some people have more mean then brains.

Phobia said...

*bows* thanks and Palps.. nyaaah*pours apple puree in his ears*

Godfrey Zebulon said...

You made it through a hundred, you can do a hundred more.. Congratulations!

Tash199 said...

hopefully we'll all make it to at least 199 posts congrats on Catia being out of ur body and the 100th post!