Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Song of the Black Phoenix Part 2

CTD form last post

So if you wonder, that's how I got to where I was. Dantooine in a warehouse at midnight fighting for my life.

Just how I like it.

I glared up at her with hate filled eyes, blood trickling from the corner of my mouth. in all her years I had never found someone who had actually posed a challange to me. " You have actually made me test my powers. For that you have my respect, however begrudging. " I grinned up at her through blodstained teeth her trap still running. " I don't run from anyone. It's your head I'll take today." my legs shot out giving me room to flip onto her feet.

" I want to fight. C'mon Inferna, give me everything you've got. I can tell , this isn't the full extent of your power"


"What do you know of power, leech?" she spat at me.. I could feel her anger it was as thin and pathetic as water and had no strength. She was angry just for the sake of being angry.She had no target. As I thought on this she went invisible. I stilled for a moment, panic almost overtaking my senses, keyword almost.


I couldn't see her, but I have never needed my eyes truthfully to see.. Not since... I reached out with my other senses.. my ears listened for the shift of her clothing, the tap of her boots. " Come out.. come out Inferna.. or are you as much of a coward as I know you are?" I slid a dagger into my hand waiting for her to strike. I would be a fool to move until she thought she had me. underestimating your opponent meant death. Many had met their deaths at my hands for underestimating me .


My head shot up as the trap had been sprung. I had been foolish, this was an apparent. I knew that one touch would probably kill me, so I resorted to an unorthodx method to free myself. I reached for a small capsule on my belt and tossed it onto the floor. Black smoke rose , making the trap impenetrable sight wise. I brought my force sugnature down, almost to a force hibernation .

I flipped my saber into my hands, igniting the blade. Plunging it into the floor I cut a wide enough circle around myself to drop into the lower level of the building. I ran underneath her, my boots hardly making a sound. I stopped where I could feel her the strongest. I waited, bringing my racing heart under control.


I heard her comming and I dropped into an easy stance, staring at her with unblinking eyes. "I’m completely defenseless beneath the sabers, Leech. I can do nothing to you… Do you want to risk it?"


HA! Like I would be that stupid to try. The moment I did she would dice me to pieces. 3 volume of the Rylothian master's fighting handbook, written circa 5,300 BBY .After all, it was Zahannah who'd written it.


"That's your choice, I'm just getting started. " I held the shoto out in front of me and my red bladed saber behind me. " I'm waiting.. though that's all I seem to do anymore.. sad isn't it?"

She started throwing her sabers at me , like a child having a temper tantrum. Was this the best she could offer me? And here I was tempted to kill her with some actual dark magic I had been taught by my sith master. I deflected them one after the other.then I felt it.
I'd made a miscalculation.

Her red blade penetrated the skin and bone of my shoulder. The pain made my brain come alive. I thrive on pain as many others thrive on pleasure. It's all I've known, pain.
"Still think I’m a Leech? Call me a Sith! Call me a SITH! TELL ME I’M INDIGO!"


Yup, temper tantrum.. Her own anger would be her downfall, it had no purpose , no target. Perhaps if we had come onto the same side I could've taught her this. Then she could've been a truly fearsome sith.


I smirked. " You wear the trappings of a sith, You carry the blades of a sith, but your angry is a falsity, a farce. you've never known true anger have you? Wanted someone dead more than you wanted your next breath? You are no more than a petty blue assisian who has delusions of granduer"I ran at her, sabers moving into a blurring cross. I brought my saber up into her stomach and blasted her with a bolt of sith lightning" What's wrong? Don't know what to do now coward? Poor little lamb ,break you under the fires of hate.."


Cutting the lightning off I punched her straight in the ribs,I sliced outwards with the shoto, distracting her from whatever pathetic trick she had up her sleeve. I wasn't about to make another mistake if I could help it


I felt my breath leaving me, my windpipe was being crushed. My eyes glowed hotter as I brought theforce around me, under and over her choke, building to a blinding intensity. With a bang i could breathe again but at a cost. I had been thrown back onto a bed of metal.. somethings.. I don't know what they were but they hurt like the devil. Slowly.. I managed to get to my feet but I collapsed again. How the devil could I have made 2 mistakes in one day? Maybe
I needed to return to the kilms for more training.


"Hey Leech," she choked out. She was as worn down as I

"Yeah coward?" I was bleeding and badly, but there was something that made me keep going even though blood poured out of me like water.


"We could kill each other, or… We could kill Jedi… Lots and lots of Jedi. Deal: We can call each other whatever we want, make fun of each other, but we don’t do this again… It uses too much energy, and we could spend that destroying our enemies…"


I started to laugh, and laugh and laugh.. " You're right! I don't know how I didn't see it first!..
You've got yourself a deal.. Together. .we can wipe the floor with the whole temple.. and make sure no wanna be sith take what should rightfully belong to the true sith"

Now that was over and done with, I needed to make a trip to Mustafar, then we could reconviene.

Your end draws nearer Jedi-
Catia

14 comments:

Flik Sivrak said...

So, it takes all that for a pair of Sith to workout that they should work together to destroy the Jedi?

That would never happen if you were Shistavanen...

Flik Sivrak said...

Still, very entertaining...

Tash199 said...

I'm wit flik on this one

Master Adana said...

Wow, that was long post and yes, I concur, entertaining indeed.

Skywalker said...

Very!

Unknown said...

Whoa that was long.

Catia Ravenstone said...

Blame the blue nutcase.. if she wouldn't have run her trap so much I'd have been able to cut it in half.. ButI do apologize.. I hadn't meant for it to get that long..

I normally don't work with others. a simple fact. This time I am making an exception just to see the look on their faces when their precious Erifia beigns murdering people. That and I have other fish to fry as well.

Jinx Miakoda said...

wow Catia has a heart... but its gray

Flik Sivrak said...

Are Erifia and Inferna the same person? I'm confused...

padawanbeldapinik said...

LOL Catia she funny! I like it when Catia makes me laugh...

Erifia's Author said...

That's a good question, Flik-Dude. The answer is: For the most part.

Its more like Multiple Personality Disorder. When Erifia stresses to much, or something tramatic happens, Inferna takes over. Its some sort of defense mechanism thing... Or I invented it, I can't remember.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

This is a very physical fight!

Flik Sivrak said...

Strange...Why does the Jedi Council put up with these nut cases? Surely you'd be better off in a padded cell.

Phobia said...

Padded cell wouldn't hold her Captain Picard. Heck even limbo couldn't hold her..I'm partly to blame for that but that's another story