Saturday, June 30, 2007

Dreams are realizied -part 3

Belda asked" can I go too?" she was eager to learn, I understand that but this mission screamed danger, even for her.

Godfrey answered for me before I had to tell her " Absouletly not. There's allready one Jedi master missing and two younglings. We're not chancing the risk of loosing you too."

"But I can fight!" she protested. I felt her place for a moment. I understood what it was like to be left behind.

" Who was the master who's missing?" I asked Godfrey, trying to change the subject before things got out of hand.

" Master Mundi didn't say, but for Obi Wan to be out looking for her I have a guess. And besides, Cin was the temple swordmaster. I pratically learned most everything from sabers from him. If they were able to get him, we're going to have a nasty fight on our hands"

I sucked in a breath. I reached out to steady myself on the bedrail. A flash of blonde and red flashed before my eyes. A huge wheel.. then nothing.

" But.. I have you and my master to protect me!"

" We're going to be busy, very busy. We might not have time to talk or do anything even kinda fun. You don't want to be around 2 boring people do you?" Godfrey interjected, trying to make this mission seem boring and unintereesting to her.

" You're not boring!"

I got fed up in a hurry with her. " Belda you're not going so that's that and don't even use the whole prophecy bit on me because it's not going to work! You're staying at the temple for your own safety!"

She shot a glare at me that could've melted durasteel and stomped off to her room slamming the door.

I sat down on the bed, head in my hands " Was I too rough on her?"I asked looking up at Godfrey

" Dear, she has to learn her place. If you say no then she's got to know you mean no. Period. and it's not like you're trying to exclude her or anything. It IS for her own safety."

I nodded " you're right.. and. .I'm very proud of you.. do you know that? You not only won the tourtament but you've proved what a great husband and father you are and are going to be"
He sat down next to me anbd wrapped an arm around my shoulders" How so?"

" Well you won the tourtament, and then when three wishes. .anything you could want. .and you use them for the good of others. Most wouldn't give it a second to wish for money, power and fame.. you know the whole bit"

That smile.. I could die seeing that smile and be happy " I have all I could ever dream of wanting , right here" I slid a hand onto her forehead" And here" my other hand came to rest on her stomach ." I have a beautiful, kind and loving wife and am going to be a father to two of the most wonderful children in this galaxy. What more could a man ask for?"

I leaned my head on his shoulder" Everything and nothing "

" All I did was to make sure I am able to keep these three things to the best of my ability. I am not stupid. I know one day I will loose you. But I don't want it to be form something I could have prevented. That is why I believe the council forbade attachments, because most are not smart enough to realize that."

He looked up at the crono and helped me to my feet the lateness of the hour approaching on my mind .

"Come on.. We need to go get mis grump and get going.We're expected back before daybreak tomorrow"

TBC

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Miss Grump? LOLOLOLOLOOL!

Phobia said...

*bows*.. well she was being grumpoy.. s'all I can say

padawanbeldapinik said...

I'm sorry I threw a tantrum... I just wanted to go. Oh well tis ok, I'll um do what I can here around the Temple. Besides I know the kitties needs someone to play with. Maybe Boots or Gar-Gar, or Lisette can help me chase away Marisha and Catia if they come by? Please return safe my Master...

Phobia said...

Of course. I will be fine. And besides I would be worried if you didn't throw a tantrum once in a great while. *winks* and I know Lisette will chase Catia off if she comes anywhere near you. You be careful Belda. I think this buisness with Caita might just be comming to an end and quickly.

And no worries.. I'll make sure Godfrey comes back in one piece and alive *giggles*

Talinda Blackrose said...

someday she might always be grumpy

Jay72 said...

good lucky to u and Godfrey both

Tash199 said...

children can be a handful (I learned from sitting my cousins)u have questions all the time and u always have answers to give...