Saturday, June 16, 2007

Rise through the ashes

Hours passed since that bout. More rose and even more fell, until three were left. Lantos, Godfrey and Khali. It was announced the final bout would be a transformation match, which meant that they would take their animal forms to fight in. .

To be honest considering the state he was in I honestly hoped he would loose to Lantos. But in my heart I knew he would win.Though Lantos was his only other best freind left he was still hellbound and determined to win. As they took to the ring my breath stilled.

A hush came over the crowd.

Then like the first crackles of thunder the fight began.

My hands clutched the railing as I leaned over as far as I dared without falling.

The wind seemed suddenly so very cold and I turned just in time to see Xanatos and Marasha standing side by side.Belda drew her saber and attacked Marasha as I drew mine and lunged for my father. Netsuki was down stairs speaking with members of the high council whenever the pillar cracked.

I heard the stone crumbling under us and I used the force to lift Belda and shove her out of the balcony and into one of the lower levels.Everything was falling and fast.. I had no choice.. I didn't want to change.. But if I didn't I would be killed.

I let the fire take me, sweeping me upwards and into an eletrical white light. The dress became flame feathers and my face elongated to allow for my beak. I soared upwards and out over the ring.

Swooping down I caught Belda on my back before she hit the floor. She had been too scared at the suddenenss of it all to use the force to slow her down.I landed next to the ring and let her get off my back and she ran to the edge of the ring to warn Godfrey but I shook my head.

It was then I saw him..

A monster at some odd 9 feet tall. stringy black hair and a heavy set jaw. He towered over me making for a very intimadating presence. .His hands were so huge Master Yoda would've probably fit in the palm of his hand like a kitten!

"What you doing here?" he asked me" people watch up there" he pointed to the now rubble pile that had been the balcony

" Bad people try to hurt us, we come down here to be safe"

He nodded with a slight smile " you know them?" he pointed to Godfrey and Lantos who were still fighting in the ring.

I nodded" Yes.. one freind.. the other" I drew a heart on my chest" Love"

" They both very good fighters. You know I face one next"

I bit my lip" I know, please don't hurt them"

Netsuki appeared beside me " Up is down Phobia.. Since White Cloud went to the yang.. one must come to take his place in the yin" He looked to Khali.

" Yes.. way of the DaiShujo I take his place. I be yin now"

My eyes wandered to the ring. They were both powering up .. something..I saw Marasha whispering something .. She would not ruin this fight, not now!

Spirit energy began to hum around me , green light.. Blood Lust poured through my soul, and I let it take me over entirely.. I had not taken this form since.. Since I had died the first time.

Metal rasped on metal and the red jewel on my gauntlet glowed ,as the blade extended hooking around my hand.A gift which had proved invaluable from Yama himself.

The Witchblade.

When my change was complete I was in my batle demon form.. Aiashka

I caught Xanatos and wrapped one hand around his throat in a force choke and with the other I swung the blade low, finishing what should have been done a long time ago.

I turned on Marasha, adrenline pumping through my body." This ends now!"

She laughed and flipped on her saber" That's what you said oh what was it 4 times before? but I'm still standing"

The anger was taking me, I struggled against it with everything I had. This was the dangerous part of using the Witchblade, it fueld any spark of anger into an inferno.

Belda backed up, eyes wide as saucers. She had never seen me like this, this angry.. this enraged.. ever

I went after Marasha.She backed against the wall, frigthened.. scared of me.. And the scary part was..

I didn't care.

I was raising the blade to finish this little psycho whenever Khali changed.. Then my concentration snapped.

He was a panther.. His animal form was a panther.. A white panther, but a panther none the less.

I saw Mara screaming for me, I could see the nightmare playing out before my eyes.. I think I screamed.. I'm not sure.. then I tumbled into darkness.

When I woke it was mid evening, the air had cooled. We were back in our rooms, Godfrey sitting my my side, running a hand over my head.

" That was a nasty fall you took" He said. I felt a cold cloth dabbing my forehead.

" How long have I been out for?" what is it with me ending up in a dead faint lately?

" Most of the day. It's just me and Khali tomorrow. And the high council will be watching the fight, but for now rest."

Leaning back into the pillows I sighed. It was going to be a long day tomorrow. I just wanted one thing. He slid into bed next to me, sans jacket and shoes " just stay safe"

He nodded leaving a light kiss on my forehead" Anything for you darling anything. We'll be back in the temple by tomorrow evening. I promise"

I fell into a light doze, worry and the usual nightmares not giving me much sleep. I just hoped tomorrow everything would turn out okay.

TBC

Until Later
Phobia

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh boy.

Godfrey Zebulon said...

I still have a headache from all of that.. And it's STILL not over.. oh well, take it as it flies.

Phobia said...

Don't remind me.. I 'd rather us just go back now.. But I'll stick by you, no matter how crazy it gets.

Oh boy indeed DJ.. tomorrow will culminate this.. somehow.

Master Adana said...

For how long do these fights go on?

Master Obi-Wan said...

You can finish it, I have faith in you, but be cauteous.

padawanbeldapinik said...

My Master, wow... Thank you for saving me again... One day I will get to save you... I do wish we were back in the Temple though, I wonder how the puppies and kitties are doing?

Tash199 said...

DJK:We need to take a breather
Godfrey:I wish u luck
Adana:Who knows
Belda:Well, I don't know but Starz is with Jace and I lol

Phobia my heart is with u always and I have faith in u and the force