Saturday, June 09, 2007

The scales balanced

The bell tolled like an omen of death.

I sat in the box with Belda, watching Godfrey in the ring with a mixutre of worry and fascination. I have never been able to quite pinpoint where he goes when he fights like this.. It's a mystery to me but I guess some mysteries are not ment to be solved.

There were red lilies growing up in a vine around the pole nearest to me. I rose from my chair wandering over to take a closer look at them.

They looked and smelled wonderful, I think I could equate their scent to elderberries from the fields of spirit world.I found myself enraputred for what seemed like moments. It was then I could feel two tugs in my psyche.. no make that three

I looked down and my hand instantly went for my saber.. the phoenix fought to take over and strike out at the evil that was present.

Marasha was here.

Catia was watching

Fafnir was utterly enraged

Belda jumped up onto the rail of the balcony full well intending to jump to the ground and go after her. I grabbed her by the tunic neck" No! this is Fafnir's fight.. We will only intervene if we must"

What the hell was I saying? I wanted to be down there as much as she did.
Netsuki was standing also but he was leaning on his walking stick watching carefully.

"He has passed into the yang"

What was he talking about? Passed to the darkside? if so which one?

My answer was given to me whenever Godfrey's saber flickered once and White Cloud lay dead in the arena.I could feel Fafnir's anger building to insane heights and dress and all I rushed downstaits, throwing myself against him as he lunged for Marasha.

" NO! don't do this! Godfrey Listen to me it's over!"

That made him fight me all the harder. He was burning hot in comparision to me. For the very first time since I fought Harusame.. I felt a twinge of fear.. but I had to stop him.. I had to.. I knew in his right mind he would never do such a thing.

" Godfrey for goodness sake listen to yourself! your angry! Your hurt and understandably so! but if you strike her down now you'll become something you can't live with! you'll be like her!"

He started to calm slowly, but I could still see Fafnir in him.. insane with anger and wanting blood.

" you'll have your time.. I promise you this.. you'll have your chance and I swear to you then I will not hold you back.. please.. let it go.."

He had stopped , but he was like a big cat waiting to spring.. I could feel the tenshion in his muscles.. So I appealed to the side of him I knew was fighting.. to return to normal..

" you know I'm right love.. Listen to me.. listen to my voice.. you have to stop now.. beofre it's too late.. you have to.. for your children.. for me.. "

Finally he relaxed and the yellowish tingie in his eyes dissapeared. He turned to me, infintely sad and exhausted. I pulled him close and let my chin rest on his head while I led him upstairs to the balcony to rest.

I let him lay his head in my lap as I stroked his hair.. " I promise you this.. With everything that I am.. Before this tourtament is over.. Marasha will die. whatever it takes.. "

The sun was hot overhead when the next match started. I went about tending to him, preparing him for the fights that were sure to come.. And preparing myself for what I was now more than ready to do.

TBC

Until Later
Phobia

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate wathcing these things.

Skywalker said...

Whoa, and I thought I had a temper.

Phobia said...

DJK: I'm not an all time fan either.. but he has asked nothing of me at all until he asked me to comewith him to the Onkichi.. how could I refuse him?

Ani: Now you see what I mean.Now you know why I can stand looking you in the eye when you are in one of your bad days and not bat an eye.The rage of a sith is nothing compared to Fafnir.It's highly rare when he looses his temper like this,but when he does.. *shakes head* it's not pretty

Godfrey Zebulon said...

Yeah.. I only ever lost it this bad once before.. usually I can keep my temper in check easily.. but this.. I just couldn't take it.. I'm sorry.

Pho I didn't mean to frighten you at all.. I feel like a fool.. can you ever forgive me?

Phobia said...

Of course love.. always.. there is nothing to forgive. .we are human.. we make mistakes.. What matters is you are okay

Master Adana said...

Me too Kriss. I hate to see someone lose their composure.

Master Obi-Wan said...

Godfry, my man, at last you made it through. Maybe there will be a chance to get together when we are all back at the temple.

Tash199 said...

*uncovers her eyes* is it over?

padawanbeldapinik said...

I dont get these tournaments anyways? Ah well, I had my own fights to fight. I am happy to see Master Godfrey and my Master made it out ok.