Thursday, April 05, 2007

Out of the frying pan, into the fire

First off , let me say that the right man can make Sidious look like a supermodel and bedrest look like a blessing* shivers and pukes at the thought of Sidious in a swimsuit* anyway..


It had been a week since I was put on bedrest and today Godfrey and I got to go out for some ice cream while Belda was in class.

After two sundaes and an afternoon opera.. We ended up back at the apartment, and as an old song goes" strictly speaking for me , we both could've died then and there" ...

But now I know why my master always warned me to knock before entering a room with a
closed door.


Belda had gotten back early from classes is why..


Thankfully we were only curled up against each other, Godfrey with an arm around me.. I had a feeling this was going to happen ..

He had enough sense to make sure we were both presentable before we had nodded off for a nap. So in bursts Belda, not really even thinking about knocking; which I forgive her for this time, hey I did that to my master once too.

" Master! I--" she trails off, blushes 20 shades of red and a few extra and double times it out of the room as fast as she can closing the door after her.

Godfrey I don't know how had slept through the whole thing. He must be pushing too hard at training. I made a note to speak with Master Yoda to make the council give him some time off. I plucked one of my robes from the hook in my room and wrapping it around me, went out to the
living area, barefoot, to see Belda sitting at the table, hands folded, looking down at the floor with the most ashamed look on her poor little face.

I took a seat at the table and asked her" Belda, what's wrong?" She just shook her head and blushed furiously, a pout now.


" Look, there was nothing going on.. Master Godfrey and I were just taking a nap .. "

She looked up at me" really? I thought you and he were.. were." oh! So she thought there was something else! I reached out and grasped her arm. " Belda.. There wasn't. .you can trust me can't you? We didn't expect you home from classes so soon.. Aren't you supposed to have a lightsaber class with Master Skywalker this afternoon?"

"He called and said he wouldn't be able to make it, he's got another few days on this mission" I nodded.. Lord how easily could misconceptions happen?I smiled" now what was SO important you forgot your manners?"

She smiles sheepishly" you know my world sciences test? the one I had trouble with?"
Nodding I call a jawa fruit over to my hand. I was hungry from all that work...

" I got perfect marks!" she exclaims holding the test up for me to see. indeed, that test that

Belda had worked so fevverently on , she had aced beautifully! " Belda this is wonderful news!. Tell you what, you and I can go out for ice cream here as soon as I get dreesed okay?" She jumped for joy and I hurried back into the other room where Godfrey was still sleeping, a pillow taking my
place.

I giggled and quickly dressed before scribbling a fast note and leaving it pinned to the center of his forehead with a sticky note.. Knowing him he wouldn't be able to find it otherwise. A quick kiss and I shut the door quietly leaving him to sleep.

As Belda and I left she asked me" Why isn't Master Godfrey comming?" We passed the animal shelter before I answered" He's been really tired lately. He's been working very hard in combat class and the class last night ran late so we're going to let him sleep and be really quiet
whenever we go back okay?"

She nodded as I pushed open the door to the ice cream parlor down on Siccily and 12th. Same place where Godfrey and I were earlier.

While Belda ate away at her sundae happily, I was looking out the window watching the passerby. We were both dressed in
civillan clothes, lightsabers tucked away in our clothing. A speeder , a yellow one caught my attention as it zipped by heading for where I could only guess.

Something came sailing down and it hit the roof of the parlor. I just managed to pull Belda under the table
before the place became a blossom of fire and heat. I could hear the screams of others and I pulled Belda close, warning her to stay low.

This was a fine mess.

TBC

13 comments:

Summer Dawn O'Ciardha said...

Oh, I remember when I was excited like that to get perfects on tests... I must have been, six, maybe seven.

However, that all changes with age, and social-standing...

Skywalker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Skywalker said...

Opera! BLAH!

Unknown said...

Nothing like a fine mess...
*eyes Anakin*
Did I say that aloud? Opps!

padawanbeldapinik said...

Yeah tell me about it! I was still eating when that thing crashed! I hope my Master gets a discount on her next visit. *Sighs* A Jedi's work is never done...

Phobia said...

*grins* Advanced sciences was tricky.. even for me

Ani come on.. .. you know.. the Die Nibelung isn't that bad.. in fact it's rather fun*grins*

DJK yes you did say that outloud..

Belda.. you're right, our work is never done.. forget the ice cream.. I'll make sure i think up something to replace that okay?

Godfrey Zebulon said...

Pho, I can see why Anakin wouldn't like the opera.. he isn't used to it..Remind me to take him to see one of the Corellian operas sometime.. that's what dad used to take me to see when I was just starting to like opera

Master Obi-Wan said...

Anakin, a few social skills are essential in life. Get used to it

Master Adana said...

I love the opera and wish I had more time to go.
Anakin, grow up.
Pho, I wish I could be there to help

Phobia said...

lol. .Yes.. Anakin Obi Wan is right to a T.. Adana, maybe we could come up with some excuse for all of us to go to the opera together.. bring Anakin long too

Darth Vader said...

Palpatine drags Anakin to Opera enough, he hardly needs you guys to force him.
I'm not defending him. I couldn't care less.

Phobia said...

*roils eyes* Vader.. no way I'm going to believe that.. it's in your best intrest to defend him* chuckles*

Tash199 said...

in that case u all better think twice bout comin into my quarters when Meredith and George r gone

lmao