Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A midnight meeting

The briefing seemed to drag on for hours though it was only a short hour. I must have been as ill as I felt. Master Mundi saw this and asked me" Are you sure that you are up to this? I could have Godfrey go in your place.."


I immeditly shot that idea down.. This was my job and I would drag myself through pits and hell efore I would let someone have to shoulder my work, even my husband.


My job seemed simple. there was a third girl by the name of Marsha missing. Master Mundi seemed to think that she had a connection to the dissaperances of the other two.My job was to sit and wait for her to come out..


She was always limpsed in the temple wandering the hall near my room always at midnight. The fact that I hadn't sensed or felt her disturbed me greatly and aroused my suspicions as to who was really behind this.


Later that night I sat propped against a small stack of pillows, though in truth they felt like a mountain.. Godfrey and Belda seemed eager to make me comfortable as possible.The clock chimed quater til 12 and all of a sudden my head felt like it was going to split open. I could feel darkside waves howling all around the room and the windows banged and clattered noisily. the headache eased slowly like a wine cork under pressure.


When the clock hit midnight I could see a shadow rising up near the window.


It was a young girl near Belda's age with curly blonde hair.I don't know how I knew but this girl seemed familiar.. I turned to welcome her" Hello Marsha"


She seemed taken aback that I knew of her but then started spouting anger and nonesnese aimed almost directly at Belda. This tirade was almost identical to what I had been suffered to listen to for years. When she mentioned her " master" it seemed Godfrey had been thinking along the same lines I had been. He retrieved a small picture from the trunk done in watercolor but the face was unmistakeable" Is this your master?" he asked her, standing near enough to
Belda that if Marsha tried to attack her he would intercept her.


My ire rised a few notches when she out and out called him a thief but somehow he managed to keep the situation under control" just answer a few questions for us and the picture is yours"
She flopped down in one of the nearby chairs and nodded curtly" Fine I'll answer your stupid questions, what harm can it do?"


Godfrey took a seat oppisite her and Belda sat down next to me" How did you come by this picture orignally?"


" My master gave it to me"


" The year is 20 BBY, when did your master give you this?"


" 766 BBY"


Godfrey and I exchanged glances.. No.. it couldn't be..


" That's right my master called me back from the dead! called me back to retrieve what was stolen from her!"


I had a sneaking suspicion of what was stolen form her or so she claimed.. But I had to ask.. " Marsha, what did she bring you back to retrieve?"


She stood flinging her arms out" The grimorie and the music box! she wants them both back!"
I could see the path Marsha was traveling down..Catia was exploiting Marsha's trust like she had exploited my love for Obi Wan at one time. this would not end well.. " Marsha I ask you to hear me.. Catia trusts no one.. she has no allies. her only ally is herself.. in the end she will dennounce you and leave you to the wolves! please turn back before it is too late!"


She sneered at me" Oh I know all of what is going on.. I know my master can hear me for she rests in your pathetic body. I know how she kept you under her thumb all these years.. And still I know how you defy the council with him!" she jerked her thumb over her shoulder towards Godfrey.


Belda jumped to her feet" Stop Marsha! my master only wants to help you!"


She laughed" like how mine helped me? when she would strike me? "
Belda and Marsha were suddenly nose to nose beofre either of us could stop them" my master has never struck me! Catia was the one who struck me! My master has been nothing but kind to me!"


" You're a weakling just like she is! She is a liar! she is no Jedi! Look how she defies the code ! Not only did she marry but she even went further than that! You know those two twins she told you about? Well they are her's! She is going to be a mother! Did she tell you that? Did she trust you with that secret? the one she won't even tell her trusted brother Anakin!"


The whole confession I could see took her by suprise.. Belda turned to me" why didn't you tell me the truth master?" She looked near to tears.


I walked over to her and knelt on one knee" I did it to protect you Belda. you are like a daughter to me. it killed me not to tell you the enitre truth but I am no fool. I know Godfrey and I will be found out sooner or later by the council. This way they cannot punish you for what you did not know. now you know the whole truth. If you believe I lie to you now, look into the force.. it never lies"


Those had to be the longest three seconds of my entire life.


" I understand Master, and I do appreciate you wishing to protect me. But you and Master Godfrey will not always be here. I need to know how to stand on my own"
I nodded" Yes Belda.. I know.. but it's a little hard for me to let go. From now on I promise you, no more secrets between us"


" No more secrets"


A light shined briefly as I hugged her and I got to my feet. Marsha darted past me and grabbed Belda in a headlock and brought her saber to her throat" Now.. since this pathetic display of effection is over. Bring me the grimorie and the music box. NOW!" The red blade inched closer to Belda's throat.


" What if we refuse?"

" Then this pathetic whelp dies! you have one hour"

I wasn't about to give her the grimorie.. I knew what Catia planned to do once she had her hands on that book. She would kill me certainly.

I rose from my chair of pillows and went to the trunk. Rummaging around in the trunk I found the box in a place I had never seen in the trunk beofre. Brining it back I tossed it to Marsha" Here.. there's the music box"

She let Belda go and smirked" one down and one to go"


" That's the only one you're getting" I snapped. My stomach was about to give on me and I didn't want to leave Belda and Godfrey alone with this little Claudia psycho( yeah I read Interview with the Vampire )


" Then I'll take this little twit to Sidious and let him have her.. How would you like to face the council and tell them your apprentice is now Sidious' slave?"
I could feel anger creeping up my spine " You hurt her and you will NOT walk out of this room alive!" My patience was fast waining.


" Oh so you'll resort to murdering a child? real Jedi of you"


" I will do whatever I must to protect Belda. I'm giving you this chance to walk out now without any reprucussions. i suggest you take it. " My hand was slowly creeping towards my saber.


The clock chimed 12:15 " 45 minutes left now!"


I could see Marsha was either going to leave in a body bag or with the grimorie. The latter of which gave me an idea.


"Godfrey.. wait here a moment.. I will go and get Marsha what she wishes" He stood up to stop me but I shook my head" wait here"


I went to my room and pulled out a redbook that had been a wedding gift from Godfrey. I grinned and a few minutes later and some force altering I brought it back out.. It was identical to the grimorie in every aspect. " Here it is.. "

I passed it Marsha and somehow managed to keep a straight face.That book in particular I had placed out of Belda's reach and knoweledge.. I was honestly trying to be more open minded and not treat her like a child, but there ARE some books she didn't need to read yet.. That one in particular.

" Is this the book Master? Can you come and speak to me?" Marsha called looking around the room


Before I could stop myself a black mist flitered out of my mouth and began taking shape across from me. Two wolfish sith eyes peered out of the smoke and she began taking shape" yes Marsha.. that is the book.. now take them and go to where we discussed.. " her voice was only a mere hiss


" but master what about the whelp?"


" ssshee will be delt with in my time, not yours.. When the time comes her blood will bespilt over the grand altar and the gryphon cannon will bring a new age of terror to the galaxy!"

Marsha bowed before the image of Catia and smoke filled the room. I pulled Belda close and

Godfrey raised an arm to try and filter through the tar like blackness. When it cleared Marsha was gone.

Belda turned to me" Master she has the grimorie! what will we do?"

I held my hand out for her to wait and darted for the freasher.. God I was bloody tired of morning sickness

About 10 minutesl ater and a couple cold wash cloths , I stumbled back out to the living area and pratically flopped onto the pillows. Godfrey knelt next to me and moved a few strands of hair off my forehead. " Belda.. remember how I told you that things were not always as they appeared to be?"

She nodded, still semi confused

" Well that wasn't the real grimorie It was a fake.. " I was pratically biting my lip trying to keep from laughing.

" what was the real book master?":

My face was turning beet red from hidden laughter" it ..it was a wedding present from Master Godfrey"

Belda looked at me wide eyed" Oh no! how will you replace it?"

Godfrey was grinning as was I" there's places we can go to find .. uh.. replacements"

Neither of us could take not laughing over the situation anymore. I ended up rolling off the pillows and Godfrey buried his face in one of the nearby pillows laughing himself silly.

Belda looked from one to the other, no clue what was so funny. When I could finally get the breaht to speak I turned ot her and siad" Belda, I know I told you I wouldn't treat you like a child anymore and I'm not.. But simply put for you to understand this now.. you're too young.. I'll make you a deal. On your fourenteenth birthday.. only a couple years from now.. Ask me again and I will tell you. I promise."


She seemed put out but nodded. " okay"


My breath was wheezing like crazy but I looked over at Belda" Remember what Master Adana and I told you about the talk?"


She nodded still a little confused


" Well.. for.. uh.. those sorts of things, there are.. um.. books for it.."
Belda blushed" Oh! I see.. um.. yeah.. okay.. "


Scraping myself up off the floor I yanked Godfrey up with me" now.. I think we need to get some sleep.. in the morning I 'll start getting things together .. Marsha will be back.. this I'm certain of"

Once I saw that Belda was tucked in, I tidyied up the living room before joining Godfrey who I could see was exhausted. We didn't say anything, he just pulled me against him and ran a hand through my hair. The clock chimed 1 am before I fell asleep.

Til Later
Pho

10 comments:

padawanbeldapinik said...

My Master I know Marasha will be back! She will not be happy we tricked her or Catia! I sure hope we'll be able to fight her off?

cooltopten said...

There is gonna be conflict I can feel it..

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

You don't need to be a Jedi to see that.

Unknown said...

Force that was a long read.

*sigh*

I dont know what to say, other than good luck with that.

Phobia said...

Belda: Don't worry , I have a plan that will at least make our quaters safe for us so she cannot attack again there. As for the rest of the temple..well i'm working on that.

cooltopten: Mild understatment there.. Any apprentice of Catia's is a dangerous viper until proven otherwise

Jon: True dat

DJK: I know.. next time I'll be a tad more careful on how much is there.. the keyboard kinda ran away with my brain. And thanks.. we'll need all the luck we can get.

Godfrey Zebulon said...

if this is handled correctly, i think we can diffuse this without too much trouble. Marsha is quite unlike anything I have ever seen before I have to admit.

The dragon spirit is a rarity in people period, evern rarer for one so powerful at such a young age.. Well I guess that wouldn't be right considering she's almost as old as Yoda.. nevermind.. I'm just giving myself a headache

Skywalker said...

I couldnt finsh it. Too long. Short atenion span...

What was I saying?

Oh, yeah!

DEATH TO THE SITH!

Wait...wrong post. Sorry.

Darth Vader said...

Yes, I see conflict too.

Tash199 said...

conflict hmm.... this I gotta see

Phobia said...

*snort* Anakin I agree there hands down.. they are all decievers, no matter what they say. I'm just hoping that I'm not making a mistake about Marsha though..and BTW Anakin, call that post a est of your attention span * snickers*