Friday, January 12, 2007

Parties, drinks ,dancing and sickness at my 50th

So to celebrate my 50th I threw a party at Dex's.. Pretty much everyone was there, even Yusuke Kurama and Hiei showed up, which was an absoulete miracle . And for some strange reason Koenma came too, in his cute form for a change.. Reminds me of the time when I first noticed guys.. It was nothing like what happened to Anakin . Believe me, I heard about it from various sources..

But a party for me and where did I find myself? Sitting off in a booth with Lisette curled up in my lap like always... Dex just adores Lisette, she keeps the mice out of the kitchen and gets a salmon all for herself.. but I was pretty much sitting all by myself.. Why I didn't know.. That was til I got yanked over to the bar by Anakin. He passed me a drink" Here sis you look like you could use one" I took it and the contents ofthe glass was gone in about a second. As he signaled Dex for another he let hisvoice drop a bit so no one else but me heard him" Look, I trusted you when you had to do what you needed to, now all I ask is trust me k?"

I felt a familiar tingle creep up my spine.. I didn't know what it was but it was familiar.. I turned and I saw Obi Wan.. I didn't understand.. it was the same feeling I got whenever I was around Ivan.. Ivan! I suddenly remembered what he had told me to tell Obi Wan.. As he took a seat next to the two of us I looked over my shoulder and said " A message from a freind, in the matter of DJK look to a gypsy.. "

I shrugged at his confused expression. " I don't know what it means.. I was told by a freind to tell you that" I held up my hand to cut off any more questioning.. " No it's not a joke, and I know he can be trusted"

The riddle kept playing itself over and over in my mind.. Mynock and Kyrat dragon..form 3 and 5... I used form 3 so half the riddle was solved.. .. I only knew one form 5 user who had a blue blade .. I slowly turned to him.. no.. no it couldn't be.. but in the deepest recesses of my mind the voice whispered that this was indeed the truth. My heart seemed utterly frozen. Like it had been dipped in carbonite.. I had to know the utter truth. I could not swallow the idea that that monster was.. was..

More drinks, more dancing.. I think at one point during the evening I danced with Obi Wan, Anakin and Tak.. Needless to say I was wasted by the time I got back to the temple. I think Catia managed to get us back to my room . Every movement seemed to take an age and a day to complete and bythe time I finally dropped into bed I had to use the force to pull the covers up over me.



Nightmares ripped at my mind the whole night through. of my father, of the future that seemed to be just looming over the horizion to doom us all, and of my own mistakes. I got little to no sleep that night and was awakened bythe sound of a starfighter engine hoovering overhead. I ran , or more like stumbled to the window just in time to see a familiar streak of yellow zip out of the atmosphere. I recalled Anakin's words and bowed my head in resignation. I did trust him.. but I would pray for his safety.. I did not ask him where he was headed , I knew better. Didn't mean I could help but worry though.

I watched him til he dissapeared off the planet. " Be safe bro"I whispered. The sound seemed to catch up with me and I stumbled to the fresher as the drinks , and pretty much everything came back up.. I ended up having to crawl back to bed on my hands and knees like a dog. The room was spinning badly. Something was wrong with me.. I didn't know what it was. I only a drank a bit and it should not be bugging me like this. I caught a glimpse of myself in the miror. I looked like a ghost and my hair was hanging around my face which made me look all the more ghastly.

By mid afternoon I was convinced my stomach hated me . I knew I had a class to teach that afternoon for Master Cin. I reached for my com and left a message for Yoda.. and then realizied in my infinite stupidity he was off planet. I would've called Anakin, but he was gone . I hated to do this to him but I called Obi Wan , who I guessed was in a council meeting.. sith..

" Obi Wan I'm sorry I have to bug you like this, but I'm in no condition to teach Cin's class this afternoon. I'm lower than pudu.. "

At that lovely moment my stomach lurched and I dropped the com as I ran to the fresher again. A few minutes I was back and sprawled across the bed .. I highly doubted I could move again if I needed to for a while. " I'm functioning for now.. Just find a sub for Cin's class okay? Yeah.. door is unlocked.. allright..Thanks.. "

I clicked the com off and tossed it into the small heap of clothes in the basket as Lisette walked up me and decided I would make a good pillow. .. I shoved her off for the moment.. She was too heavy for me to handle and I needed the room to breathe. Finally sleep claimed me , and this time I could sleep with no dreams. force knows I needed it

Chow for the moment( if i live)
Pho

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy 50th!

Skywalker said...

Getting old, anit ya? *SNORT* Happy 50th!

Phobia said...

It'd be happier if I wasn't feeling like crap.. Thankies though* hugs* and the second I'm better I'm getting to work on an idea to bring you back.. mind it's an idea.. but I will do my best

Lysandra said...

if pho's old, skywalker, you are older than yoda! *shakes head* hopeless case