Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The curse of my family part 2

Ctd from last post

Chills raced through my body as I stared in utter horror at the image before me. I recgonzied those eyes. So like my father's, but they were not. These eyes belonged to those of a madman." Hello Omega..to what do I owe the displeasure of this call?"

At this his face scoweled and it looked like he would have used force lightning on me if he could have. But he calmed himself in a hurry and placed his hands behind his back in a true CEO fashion" simple sister. I want to see if you are Jedi enough to meet me somehwere for a duel"

I snorted and began pacing slightly" And what makes you think I would do that?"

He sounded smug.. too smug " Simple.. The lives of all of all Coruscant are in your hands. Will you let yourself be responsible for the deaths of millions?!"

Okay I was getting pissed, and fast. Ripping his throat out sounded pretty fun right now.. " Allright spill it, what did you do?"

He smiled. .the rat bastard smiled at me then continued" Simple, my workers have planted 2 bombs, one inside your precaious temple down in the basement.. I believe right where that machiene is.. "

I was just about to run out of the room and go take a look to see if it was true, whenever the sound of his voice stopped me.

"ah ah.. I'm not done yet, the second is planted at the core of Coruscant. These bombs are specially made that if they are tampered with using the force, wires cut, or fiddled with in any way, they will go off. And each bomb has enough power to blow up several planets. So think carefully sister. Here are my terms. you fly to the Valley of the Sith Lords on Korriban. There you and I will battle to determine who is better. Once your ship reaches the sector I will raido the codes to disarm the bomb to the council .Once your ship touches down, you must cut all transmissions.you have one hour to decide":


His hologram clicked off and I turned to the council members, all wore grave and worried expressions. " Let me see the bomb, I might be able to disarm it!" Yoda's head shook in disagreement" Too dangerous it is for you.. Also we must worry about the safety of all the citizens."

In utter desperation, I turned to Obi Wan.. "I'm about the only person here who could even stand a chance at disarming it.. let me at least try.. I didn't hang around with Anakin for nothing you know.."

Ever so reluctently, he nodded and I was lead downstairs to the basement of the temple where the machiene had been kept.More like the pieces that was.. Sure enough, right where the holocron would have been there was this gigantic bomb.. wires all over the place and it looked like a big steel lunchbox to be honest. I looked it over.. " Type A class 66 bomb, thermal detnator.. crap.. " I turned back to Yoda..

" I'm sorry.. I can't dismantle it on my own I would need help , and not to be rude to anyone present, and forgive me if this does sound rude, but I would only trust Anakin with something like this. Any chance he got back yet? "

Master Kenobi shook his head negative.

I stalked back up the stairs, infuraiated. I tried hailing anakin on my com.. Nothing.. tired getting R2 to relay him a 911 to get back here immeditly.. Nothing..

I rubbed my temples with my free hand.. He had me backed into a corner and he knew it. Damnit Anakin why did you have to pick NOW to leave?

------------------ An hour later

" Omega I agree to all of your terms, but if you do not keep your word, there is no rock that will hide you from my wrath. I will be there in a few hours"

" Good then sister I shall see you soon" the holo went dead

I turned to the assembled council " Look to be frank I know you don't want me going. But I did not ask for this.. I did not seek him out to antagonize him. He found me. Okay? But I will be damned if I stand by and let him wipe out millions of lives. "

Before I left the council room I said to Obi Wan" If my bastard of a brother ends up killing me, do me a favor, kill Anakin .. please"

He didn't say anything but he looked at me worriedly and said" Please, be careful. I don't know why but if Omega is anything like his father he will pull any trick in the book. Expect the unexpected."

That remark rather ticked me off but I realizied that he was only worried about me but kept my mouth shut for the sake of time and just replied" Look, the real reason why Xanatos turned wasn't because of power. I don't have time to go into details, but I will explain it when I get back okay and for future refrence I am NOTHING like him got it?" I ran out of the room leaving a stunned and probably a rather angry Obi Wan.

I went back to my room long enough to feed Lisette and set out a few things before I headed to my fighter. I spared a passing glance to the kitchens as I passed . My stomach rumbled angrily at having been denied lunch.I wanted to get something to take with me to eat on the way but I checked my crono and realizied I didn't have enough time . Seeing the same padawan I had seen a while ago hurrying past I stopped her and asked her what her name was. .

" Oh.. my name is Belda Pinik.. You must be Master Deimos aren't you? The council is talking about you.. " she looked down at her feet, seemingly overcome by a bout of shyness.

" Belda.. that's a very pretty name.. can you do me a fast favor Belda? Can you run to the kitchens and get one of the small packs that they leave for knights and padawans who are departing and don't have time for a proper meal? I will write you a note in case this makes you late for classes"

" Of course Master Deimos I 'll be right back ! " she took off running and I reached to make sure I had my spare lightsaber. Crap! I didn't have it.. So that meant a fast trip back to my room. By then I was running so late I didn't have the time to wait for Belda. My stomach was going to hate me later but I had to go.

I got in my fighter which was detailed with rosevines on the wings and took off.Korriban was in the Outer Rim territory so I had a bit to go , even with the hyperdrive engines. Just as I was leaning back in the seat, my foot bumped the blanket I kept in the back which was strangely rumpled. I lifted and found... BELDA? My forehead hit my hand .. Gods I couldn't believe it..

As my fighter drifted closer to Korriban I knew what needed to be done. I shook Belda awake. at first she looked calm but then when she realizied where she was she cringed and looked down at the floor, wise enough to try not to make any excuses but she asked" what's going to happen to me now?"

I sighed running a hand through my hair. " It's too late to take you back to the temple Belda, you are going to have to come with me to Korriban . Listen" I rummaged in my robes and pulled out the lightsaber whip I had made . I handed it to her with a stern look." This is a lightsaber whip. It's more versatile and more dangerous than a regular saber.This is the only spare weapon I can afford to give you since your saber is not completed yet. Do not use it unless you must."

I showed her how it worked. She seemed awed and glad that I trusted her with such an important weapon. We were in the planet's atmosphere before my computer clicked on. I had instructed Belda to hide.. I didn't need Omega finding out I had a passenger.

" Allright. I am here.. now give me the codes"

" Of course dear sister.. but land the ship first."

I had no choice but to do as I was told . Once my ship touched down I told Belda to "stay hidden and do not come out unless you are in grave danger" The codes ran across the computer and I transmitted them to the council and then closed down all comminucations. I gave belda my spare com and told her if I fell in battle that she was to punch in code 211 to the council directly and tell them what had happened.

After making sure she was well hidden I followed Omega's lifeforce signature to a circle of caves. there was only one way in and one way out. One of us would never walk out of here.. and it was going to be him.

Igniting the blue and green blades I crossed them and waited, my hair whipping in the breeze. Omega ignited his lightsaber and reached for another sword on his back. then a dark presence swept the valley. I knew in the pit of my stomach what he was planning to do, but I couldn't fathom it. That power had not existed for millenia. The power to call ghosts..

Omega.. he was .. a shaman

TBC
Pho

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Could it get any better? And I thought Ankain had it rough.

Skywalker said...

Sith Lords on Korriban! You say I'm nuts! Not a place you want vist.

Master Obi-Wan said...

You know Anakin, always on the move. Even when he shouldn't be.

padawanbeldapinik said...

Uh, um oops... I didnt mean to fall asleep on Master Pgobia's ship. Well it looks like I'm off on another whril-wind adventure again, tee hee...

Phobia said...

Kriss: Tell me about it... he's got a cakewalk

Anakin: Like I had a choice.. doi! Do you think I would PICK to go to Korriban? i mean.. I wish it would've been at the spa on Alderann force knows I could use the break.. *snort*

Obi Wan: Yeah.. normally I wouldn't give a bantha carcass.. but the one time I needed him here at the temple and he runs off? I mean really.. * fumes slightly*

Belda: Don't worry about it.. just listen to me and don't get yourself in the middle of anything and we should be fine okay? and no I'm not mad at you.. I should've seen this comming to be honest about it..

Master Adana said...

Omega, ever so charming.
Korriban makes my blood freeze. A very dark place to be.

Phobia said...

i don't like any better, but I will do what needs to be done to ensure the safety of others.. but it isn'tas bad for me.. i guess having the darkside at your back all of your life.. makes you less susceptiable.. Just a theory

Tash199 said...

Phobia I invite u to go to Main Event on Coruscant March 10th. Post a comment on my blog if ya wanna come ;)