Monday, January 29, 2007

The Curse of my Family pt 3

Cold feelings shot up and down my spine. I knew this was not good, not good at all. I could hear Omega calling out to the spirits of the graveyard.. Wait.. graveyeard? A sudden shock of horror made me realize he had dictated this fight all along, where it would be what terms, all of it. it made me sick.

I moved in front of the cave where Belda was , as a means of protection. There was no way that girl would be hurt so long as I still drew breath in my body. I reached for Catia and found her waiting and eager to fight. " Cut loose with all of your power.. hold nothing back. Omega does not deserve that sort of pity" An evil smile was etched on my face.. I hoped Belda was not watching this.. Wave after wave of dark power rolled off of me.. and I notced a change. .my hair was becoming darker and my eyes.. in the lake I could see.. they were blue now..

" So it seems I am in the presence of my old master" the voice of my brother sounded over the valley like a sonic boom.. That was not Omega.. A force presence similar to Catia's was in his place. One saber near the shoulder the other dragging slightly she locked eyes with him . " well I didn't think I would see you again still in the land of the living Master Ravenstone.. but I see you have become weak"

We circled each other" That makes two of us Bane, but I am not the one who is weak"

" Oh really? then what are you doing with a Jedi? Take over her body and follow me so we can rule together as it should have been!"

A cold icy glare stopped him dead in his tracks. " No Bane, I have my own design and you are not part of of it. Now stop this foolishness and come with me. I do not want to fight you.. "

" NEVER!"

Darkside energy was so thick you could cut it with a hundred sabers. Wave after continious wave. The valley was soon pitch black with energy. In the nearby cave I could feel Belda's fear through the force. I knew better than to reach out to her now. I could infect her with the dark.. Ghosts of numerous dead sith swirled around us and the only lights were from our sabers as we dueled . There were some torches lit. That was all the light we had.

I could retell the fight blow by blow but that'd take all week. Hours later, omega had given up on Bane and sent him back to the Netherworld. Next he called upon an evne older sith.. Naga Sadow. He was even before Catia's time, being the cause of the Great Hyperspace Wars. Omega began calling fourth ghouls to go after Belda.. He had found her!

I did a backflip over Omega's head and landed next to Belda who had powered up the light whip but was not using it. She stood there shaking in fear. My sabers swung in a powerful harmonizing movement and I called out to her through the howling winds" They only have power over you if you let them Belda! fight! You must fight to overcome your fear!" I was tiring.. this much was certain .. " Please.. Belda I need your help! I can't do this alone! " too much more and Catia wouldn't be able to sustain this form and I would be on my own.. if she couldn't sustain it.. I was as good as dead.

More and more spirits poured around us. I swung my sabers wildly, trying to fend them all off.My arms were growing heavier and heavier. It was all I could do to hold myself upright now.. any second this form would be snuffed out.. Then Belda began to glow. I could tell she was tapping into the force , calling for aid.

Whenever I thought I could bear no more I felt someone guiding my arms, like I was a padawan just learning my first movmeents with a saber again. I knew those ghostly hands as well as I knew myself.. I wanted to turn but the voice spoke to me" do not turn around whatever you do. He would take the chance to strike you down." The voice was female. Belda didn't quite know what was going on I don't think.. But all of a sudden she elt out an exicted cry.. " Master Qui Gon!": I caught a glimpse of him out of the corner of my eye. Just as I remembered him that day in the archive.

" Join your power with ours. together we can defeat this demon!" my master said to me and I did as instructed and suddely I felt like I could fight like this for years.. eons.. "You don't have that long.. only until sunrise.. then we must leave you.. " Qui Gon said, looking sad for the first time in.. many many years.

Together I fought off the ghouls easily. Time passed and soon it was sunrise. Just as my master and Qui Gon departed the living world I struck down my brother. I collapsed to the ground , exhausted and depelated of almost all of my force strength. There was no way I could reach out to let anyone know I was allright. So I weakly motioned for Belda to come over to me. Patting the ground next to where I was . She knelt down and in a hoarse and raspy voice I told her to go back to the fighter and bring me the holorpojector .

Once she came back with that and some blankets and supplies for camp I set the projector up and wearily realyed my story to the council . I told them that if they wanted Belda back there right away someone would have to come to Korriban because I would be in no condition to travel for at least 2 days while my force strength recovered . Once I had sent my message to the council, I leaned back on the makeshift cot Belda had made for me. Since we had no where to go for a while I began telling her my story in between getting drinks of water. Then she told me her story.. Her new master recently going missing.. her trying to fit in..

What troubled me the most was about this Phantom Evil that kept haunting Belda.. He didn't sound like a ghost , because she tried telling him he had no power and he just laughed. normally with 99.9 perent of ghosts.. that works.. To me it sounded like an astral projection.. I told Belda to sleep for now. I placed some candles that warded off darkside energy by the cave just in case until dawn. then I ended up droopping off like a lead brick.

TBC
Phobia

6 comments:

padawanbeldapinik said...

*amazed at what she saw* Master Phobia, wow! I like this story!

Phobia said...

*grins* awwe thankies! there's still more to come, promise.. now that I'm back, but it might be a little slow.. but it will come..

Unknown said...

:-O
Force!

Skywalker said...

Gota love those candles...
They don't work for me.

Summer Dawn O'Ciardha said...

Why do you not simply tell the ghosts to attack who summoned them, whilst conjuring an army of the undead?

Phobia said...

DJK: yeah, took me for a loop too

Anakin: I take whatever I can get

Summer: I honestly hadn't thought of it at the time, and though he's evil.. that's my brother out there still, and I really didn't want to dip deeper than I had to. There's some things that younglings should not see.. That's one of them. Think whatever you want.. but that's my opinion on it