Saturday, January 20, 2007

The curse of my family part 1

I had been sick for about a week straight now.. Anakin was still not back and I could tell those who normally see me mostly everyday were begining to worry. So it wasn't like I had much of a choice. I had to go the healer's. Barriss wasstill missing so I was with Dollie as usual. She was not frightened of me as she once had been whenever Catia had awoken from her 300 year sleep. needless to say I thought by the time Dollie was through with me, I was going to be dead.

Blood tests upon blood tests. By the time she was done I felt like a pin cushion. Medicine after medicine and hours of force trances to try and heal myself. Nothing worked. Dollie was just about to call for Master Yoda and a few of the others whenever she reached for a small flask on her belt and handed it to me" You better hope this works honey.. or else you're in for a worse road than you just were over."

I shrugged and took the flask. What did I have to loose?

A warmth spread over me as soon as I ingested it and a black smoke began to rise from my skin and cloud the whole ward. Dollie ran to open the windows and the more smoke left me, the better I felt. It was like a demon had possessed me and pratically drained all of my strength.

Finally oh force finally I felt like I could actually to move. I got up from the cot and walked around stretching trying to get feeling back into my limbs. I still felt weak, but I could function and my stomach didn't feel like it was on a constant roller coaster.

Patting me on the shoulder Dollie said" I am sure you have a lot of important thigns to catch up on darling.. I will get this blood to the lab as soon as I can okay? I'll call you whenever I get the results" Wrapping a thick robe around my nightgown i headed back to my room. My feet were bare, pretty much ensuring I would end up with a cold sometime soon.

I was stopped by a few of the masters, asking after me, wondering if I was feeling better. Heck even Master Yoda asked if I was feeling better. That made me feel really good.. I didn't think many really cared all that much. I just felt like I was a nameless face in the crowd.. It gave me a whole new respect for Yoda .

As soon as I got back to my room, I dressed and headed straight for the archives. The whole scenario with Omega was burning in my mind like a warning bell. I could not put my finger on it, but something was going to happen and soon . VERY soon.

It was almost early the next morning whenever the archivist Jocasta Nu found me, curled up on the couch reading.. Again.. You see when I was very little.. I would come in here and read and read.. hours and hours on end. I would read anything I could get my little hands on. By the time i was 9 I had read almost half of the archives. Even the most boring books to most were fascinating to me.

From the archives comes a special memory of mine, I should share it with you. It's funny in a way.But also really sad.. You'll see why..

You see, there was this one book on datapad I was looking for. It was high high up on the topmost shelf . All of the archivists were busy and didn't have time to climb up and get it for me. So me being my curious self.. I climbed up to get it . My little fingers had just managed to grab it when the whole bookcase tilted and I went crashing head first to the ground. . At that moment Qui Gon and Obi Wan had just walked in.

I remembered seeing a huge bookcase falling towards me and the next thing I knew Qui Gon had snatched me out of the way and had set me upright on my feet. Jocasta Nu and about 2 other archivists came running over to see what had happened.

I distinctly remember it was all Obi Wan could do not to burst out laughing .. Ms. Nu was livid.. but after much apologizing and explaining what had happened she did not ban me from the archives , but instead made me resort and refile all of the archives systems. It proved to be a valuable lesson for me, and also I pretty much knew where everything was from that day forward. And when I was pulled out of the pile of books, I still had my datapad.

That was 2 weeks before Qui Gon and Obi Wan were deployed to Naboo.. I never got to say thank you, or goodbye.. Force I miss him.. But back to my story.

Jocasta pretty much knows that if I am in the archives late I would be there all night. So whenever I dozed off with a datapad in my hands and woke at 3 am with a blanket around my shoulders, I wasn't really suprised. I kept reading.. I found all I could about my brother..

His full name was Granta Omega and he was born on the moon of Neirport VII.. His mother worked at a refuling station,well at least it was a step up from a paid call girl house...He left Nierport VII whenever he was about 15 to attend the All Sciences Research Academy on Yerphonia sponsered by senator Sano Saruo.. My skin was crawling at the mere mention of the Senator.. A number of times I had been present during diplomatic meetings and I noticed the senator watching me a tad closer than I would have liked . Thank the force Anakin had been quick to put a stop to his unwaranted advances.. I made sure to treat Anakin to an an you can eat dinner at Dex's just for that I was so grateful.


I was no ways near looking forward to having to even possibly deal with him.. he reminded me a lot of Darth Sidious.. Creepy? Yes.Ragoon VI was another time I remembered hearing of him.. He had tried to use bounty hunters to capture Obi Wan and Anakin, but they had escaped from his grasp.. Dear brother also had a knack for collecting Sith artifacts.. So one way or another he would come after me, because he would come after the artifacts and the trunk. if he figured out how to work the portal, we were in for trouble.

I remembered seeing a padawan early that morning before I had to leave for breakfast. There was an intresting light surrounding her, but she seemed sad over something. I didn't have the chance to ask her what though because after breakfast my com beeped and I was called to the council room . When I knocked I was given permission to enter and I waited for someone to speak. It is not good ettiquite to speak in the council room when the masters are assembled before being spoken to. It was Master Windu who spoke

" Knight Deimos, we have a situation, it involves your half brother, Granta Omega"

My stomach plumetted as Mace gestured to the lifesize holo standing in the middle of the room.

His eyes opened and he smiled.

" Hello sister"

TBC
Phobia

7 comments:

Master Adana said...

Surprise surprise. That man is nothing but troubble. Be careful.

padawanbeldapinik said...

Hello there Master Phobia, story looks intresting... please let us know what happens next?

Phobia said...

I will be as careful as i can.. and Belda,you'll have to keep checking back .. I 'll tell some more of my story soon

Unknown said...

Brother? *mouth drops*

Skywalker said...

Sith spit, there is more of you out there?
I kid.
*winks*

Master Obi-Wan said...

Finding famly for a Jedi is usually always painful thing.

Phobia said...

Mild understatement there Obi Wan.. but thank you.. And ani.. I have no clue if i have any more siblings.. what hurts is what I will have to do..i don't want to.. I'm sick of fighting.. but trouble always finds me.. and.. GET BACK HERE! it's partially your fauly I had to do this in the first place! We could have dismantled those bombs and then I could've let him live.. * fumes slightly*