Monday, August 20, 2007

Salvation and a vacation

Hours had passed dizzingly. I found myself walking down the gangplank of our ship to be welcomed quite warmly by Bail and Breha. The woman looked shaken and scared" She's here? Is it true?" she asked me, fear in her eyes.

" We would not have come it it wern't. I am sorry to frighten you like this Breha. We will either finish this here or chase her from this world. " I started forward but there was a sharp pain in my back and my knees buckled. Bail and Godfrey both rushed forward supporting me as I steadied myself on my feet" It's Catia, she's close.. "

Breha looked at me a determined look in her eye. " Scared though I may be you will not overexert yourself. At least not on Alderann. Come you need rest "

I was about to follow the woman's adivce when a lightsaber hissed to life just behind me. " Yes.. rest.. it will be your last!" I shoved Breha down and turned snapping my own saber to life as Godfrey rushed Bail and Breha into the palace. " Marasha don't you see she is misleading you? Listen to me!"

Marasha leapt at me and I swatted her saber aside easily." You're letting her mislead you!" Blue fire licked at my palms. There was something about her that made me want to cry. To scream that I couldn't do this. But duty came first and she was an innocent in evil's sway and it had to be done.

"Marasha please, take my hand! I can save you!"

" I'll need your help when hell freezes over you----------"

I sighed ,letting the flame blossom upwards and outwards.She had made her choice. I was sad it had to be this way but there was no choice.

"What're you doing ? stop! stop!" she screamed as she was pulled to me. Blue fire was clensing fire. In a person it burnt away any trace of evil like paper. since her core was evil.. I squeezed my eyes shut and prepared for that final moment. When the hate was burned away and she was the sweet innocent girl she had once been.That moement I didn't know if I could stand.

The flames engloved her I held onto her frail body as the saber rolled to the ground. I could feel the sweet girl struggling in my arms , then she burst like a ballon. Ashes caked my hands. Then for a moment the puff of ash spoke with a gentle voice.

" It was her.. she ruined you from the begining.. Catia"

She split my parents apart. She's been the cause of my nightmares since the begining. I didn't know weather to curse her or thank her. Godfrey ran out and pratically pulled me to the bench.

" Are you okay? What happened? Where's Marasha?" His face was a mask of worry.

"Marasha.. gone.. saved.. soul.. Catia.. still.. near.. " My back was in blinding pain . It was because she had saved me on Utapau that I could feel her presence now.I had to be above hate, above anger, above these petty things.. But I could feel it building.. I didn't want it.. The only thing I guess you could say I feared now is fear itself..

Godfrey lifted me clean off my feet. I'm still amazed he can make me feel light as a feather whenever I feel like a bloated beached wale.. pregnancy issues aisde I was never really comfortable with my body until we met.. Long story short he was the only one who could actually make me like myself for who I was no better or less.

"You're going to rest. I will deal with Catia. No arguments you hear me?" The hallway flew past as he strode into the room Bail had been gracious enough to give us apparently and dropped me carefully on the bed.

" But!- I wasn't letting him go this alone!

The next thing I knew I was sleeping.. again.

When I woke Bail was shaking me . " I'm sorry to wake you Phobia but Godfrey is back.. you.. you need to see this"

I lurched to my feet and ran to the entrance hall" where is he Bail?" I asked tensely.
He reappeared suddenly covered in wounds. Blood ran from a cut on his head, his shoulders were slashed up.. My fists shook in rage but as I came closer to him I found myself crying

" Don't you EVER EVER EVER do that to me again!" I threw my arms around him carefully due to his scrapes. He returned my hug without effort. Damn him he scares me more than I'll ever admit sometimes.

" she's gone.. "

" Dead?"

" No I chased her off planet.I think we're taking a small vacation Pho..I'm tired and I know so are you. Just a day or two.. Like it was before.. "He leaned very close" Just us"

My eyes probably popped out of the sockets at this. Though our wedding had only been six months ago give or take I felt like we hadn't gotten any time to ourselves in a while. We were always busy. If it wasn't a mission it was my training Belda. And with the twins draining what energy I had as it was ... Well needless to say Godfrey had been more than patient with me.. bless him.

I leaned against his shoulder" Yeah.. just us.. no council, no Belda.. just you.. and me"
He grinned pulling me to the other room. Bail nodded smiling" I'll see to it you're not disturbed . Dinner is at 7"

How lucky am I to have a man like Godfrey? I quit questioning a long time ago.. I just.. Live in the moment.

TBC

6 comments:

Spider-man said...

You ARE lucky to have a guy like Godfrey :p

Unknown said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwe.

Now why can't Vader be like dat?

Skywalker said...

a bloated beached wale..

No comment.

I'm kidding!

Phobia said...

Spider Man: Tell me about it.. Now if only the pest had someone like him.. and no I am NOT cloning him nu uh

DJK: It's humanly impossible.. he's vader..

Anakin: How about YOU get yourself pregnant? I heard they can do that for a man now.. *snickers*

Tash199 said...

I vacation *sighs* just what I need

Flik Sivrak said...

A vacation sounds like a good idea, Phobia.