Monday, February 12, 2007

The Curse of my Family part 6( Escape from Korriban and a new discovery)

As the morning sunlight first woke me, I could feel the force humming around me like a bee's nest.I had finally been healed. So before Belda awoke I headed back to the canyon cave where my brother's fighter was stored. With some good fortune he had steel trunks with locks in the back, all the keys present. So my first order of buisness was to start loading the bigger artifacts into the cases and moving them over by the far wall.

Swords, statues, you name it it was there. I could feel Catia astral projecting herself to work side by side with me. It was like a sort of rubbery shield around my psyche and my body to protect me from the darkness of the artifacts. One by one the trunks were sealed and placed into the far corner where I woud place them in the cargo hold of my fighter later on.


I did find some intresting things though.. A staff . It was polished ivory and was coated in ancient runes. Images flashed before my eyes of great wars in years past. I was so startled I almost dropped the staff . I must have hit a sort of secret compartment because a piece of parchment.. yes you heard me right.. parchment tumbled out from the hiding place. I unfolded it carefully not wanting to rip it.

Across the top was scrawled in hasty writing" The nexus gate" . As I kept reading my hands began to shake. It seemed too good to be true.. This could solve all of the problems of what was going to happen.. No one's life would have to be sacrificed for peace to be brought to the galaxy.. all it took was a simple matter of gathering the holocrons..


I was near to tears in my joy as I kept loading things into the chests.. 7 chests worth of artifacts already.. sheesh.. I pocketed the holocrons in a sperate bag.. as well as the star map.. and the sword I wrapped in my outer robe. I could not let the council have these.. not now.. not yet. Not when a soulition was soo close. I highly considered speaking with Kurama but decided against it. He would be as bad as Obi Wan .. I had to smile at that.. Those two were so much alike, I don't think they even realizied it.Same thing with Yusuke and Anakin.


I shook my head clearing it of fond memories for the present.. too many distractions and I could get myself killed. Yama wouldn't be happy with me. . I packed up what was left and moved the trunks to my fighter. I was actually wondering where Anakin was.. if he got back yet and if I could smack his sorry head in when I got back for causing me this much mess.. But then again, it was benifical.. so I could let him off .. maybe.


Once everything was ready I wen back to find Belda. She was packing everything up whenever I heard a low whining from somewhere nearby. I whispered for her to be silent and I went along the cave wall , listening intently. I found a small pit, about as big as Belda was and in it.. you won't believe this.. was a dog.. poor gal was scared to death and to make matters even more complicated, she was a mother.. the whining I had heard was comming from a litter of puppies.. a big litter too at that.. I counted at least 9 if not more. They were cold.. the mom was hungry and we neded to get back to Coruscant so I could get them all to the veternary clinic. I would not leave them here to fend for themselves and die.


" Belda come over here and help me !" I called to her. She was standing on the outside of the pit peering in curiously. Hopping in next to me she brought down the spare blankets and other materials we'd need. The mother watched as I gently wrapped her babies up in a big blue fuzzy blanket before lifting her herself out and getting them situated in the back of the fighter.. at this rate it'd be a mriacle if Belda and I would fit.


Somehow we managed to and we took off for home at last.. On the way there Belda asked me" What do you think the council is going to say to you bringing a litter of pups home with seven trunkfuls of sith artifacts? "


I blinked.. " truthfully I 've got no clue. but I won't let them turn thse pups up to an animal shelter.. not yet.. I know I can find them good homes.. in fact.. I think I know of a few senators who have been speaking of wanting a dog.. " I remembered Senator Organa and Senator Mon Mothma were two of them.. I know they would treat these darlings well. until then they'll stay with me.


". Belda I warn you.. it might seem a tad crowded in my rooms for a bit til we get these little guys homes, but it's quite comfortable there.. if a little hard to remember. First thing we need to do once we land is get these artifacts inside to the council at once.. they are too dangerous to be kept out in the open. then as soon as everything is over .. We need to get these little ones to the clinic. They need to be checked over and so does the mother.. "
Belda nodded smiling" They are adorable aren't they? why would someone leave them out in the cold like that Master Phobia?:


I swallowed.. For the first time.. I saw red.. not just ticked off red.. but sith red. and it was all me, not Catia.. I could feel her suprise and I answered thinly" People are cruel Belda.. they give no thought for life, human or animal.. It's sick and disgusting that they throw away a perfectly loving animal just because she was going to have puppies. They should have taken the precautions, not abondened her for something she did not cause!" My fist hit the control panel and sparks flew but we remained aloft.


I couldn't believe I had just done that.. didn't want to see the dent I had made in the nearly unbendable durasteel. Belda scooted a little closer to where I was sitting. Her voice was low and quiet, but thoughtful" you feel very strongly about this don't you Master Phobia?"
I nodded" Yes Belda I do.. It's not right tp punish someone, be it human or animal for a crime they did not commit. The real crimnal here is ignorance and stupidity. " I shook my head. We were comming in on Coruscant. I radioed down to get the landing clearences and once we were all clear I steered my fighter for the temple.

It felt ood to be home.. no matter the unrest I could feel growing, even in the place I called home.As soon as we were back I told Belda to stay with the puppies and I went to find Master Yoda. I would need him to open the doors to the vault where the artifacts were kept, since he was the only one who I could trust to do this without questions, at least for the present.
His suprise was imense whenever I found him heading down to the cafeteria.

Whenever I explained that I had brought back things that needed to be locked away in the vault below the 2 basement level he agreed and followed me back to the fighter. Belda had hopped down to bring the momma and her babies a little closer so she could make sure all of them were okay.. What followed next has to be one of the reasons why I adore Yoda.


He saw the momma and her pups and he hobbled over , grimer stick and all . he reaches out to the mother, such a warm smile on his face and pats her head, then smiles down at the pups.. They didn't know it , their eyes were still closed. " A good thing you have done Phobia.. hope and light you have brought to the temple.. "


I explained to him that I was thinking of seeing if any of the senators would like to have a dog, that I knew at least Mon Mothma and Bail were speaking of it at one point and he nodded his head smiling, eyes closed. " Best plan this is.. when they mature, they will go to their famlies. For now the temple shall be their home. Maybe adopt one of them I will."


With a wave of his hand all seven trunks flew to him and he nodded, which I meant I knew I had been dismissed for now. I got back in my fighter and asked Belda if she wanted to come along. She was more than happy to. After I had changed into civillian clothes from my room and picked up some credits to pay the veternarian, who I had run into a few weeks prior( which was how I knew where the clinic was) we were off. Little did I know what I was getting myself in for...

Til Later
Pho

7 comments:

padawanbeldapinik said...

Aw cute puppies... It is true Hope and Light you have brought to the Temple! I know the younglings will love to see a real puppy.

Unknown said...

Puppies! AWEEEEEEE!

Skywalker said...

Small wookies?
AAAACHOOOOOO!
Excuse me.

Phobia said...

hhee thanks Belda.. some of them will go to the senators.. if you want one Kriss.. let me know.. * passes Ani a tissue*

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Puppies are always fun, but the training!

Master Obi-Wan said...

Puppies at the temple. Yes, the younglings will certainly like them. At last you are back in one piece

Phobia said...

True.. being back in one piece is always good.. though I have a feeling life at the temple is about to go upside down...