Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A chill to freeze my blood

I had to teach a few classes that afternoon so it was about somewhere after 6th chime before I was free. Belda was spending the evening with some of her freinds so for once in a while I was free. It was a relief actually . I had been juggling so many things I just needed to sit down and take stock of what had happened. In a matter of a few short days I had went from anomyus knight to keeper of one of the most sweetest, and sometimes puzzling padawans around. Not to mention there was the matter of the puppies who were currently sleeping.


I scratched Lisette's head and she purred" Remember when it was just us girl ? I know it seems a lot, but bear with me.. Soon it'll just be you me,Belda and Odi.." She curled herself into a ball and went to sleep. just then a message scrolled acorss my datapad. My heart jumped in my chest when I saw who it was from. Warning bells went off in my head. Mace wanted to meet me by the vaults downstairs to talk. He said he wanted to apologize for all he had done, that he'd come to his senses..


I grabbed my robe and headed downstairs, locking up after me. I knew it was vital I not be seen otherwise I could land us in a lot of trouble. After he had risked everything to bring the holocrons to me, I figured I could at least hear him out.
Arriving downstiars I saw the vault door standing open and swallowing slightly I walked inside.


All of a sudden I couldn't hear Catia, and I couldn't feel the force either. It was then I remembered that this vault was sealed off to keep the darkside aura away from the rest of the temple. I was turned towards the door and was about to run whenever I felt a hand close over my wrist. I turned and saw it was Mace" Your not going anywhere Phobia" he hissed pulling me to him. I tried kicking him but his grip tightened to the point I knew I would have brusies. He kissed me harshly and as I heard the sound of tearing fabric of my outer tunics a chill of fear raced through my veins.


" Mace please! NO! Don't do this! let me go!"I struggled to free myself from his ironlike grip. I knew if this continued.. I didn't want to think about it.. In desperation I fumbled for something I could hit him with to get away.. My hands fell on a miror and I shined it in his face. For a moment I saw what was truly the matter. He was under a curse.. His eyes in the miror were sith evil. He tossed it away before I could say a word. I was just about to give myself up for lost the panic growing inside of me my waves a moment.. The chill of the air hit my now nearly bare skin at the same instant as I heard footsteps down the corridor. .


I was crying and I didn't know what else to do.. I screamed aloud for someone.. anyone to help me.. I heard the hum of a lightsaber and I turned to see that my savior was the temple swordmaster Cin Draling. His face was the last thing I saw before I passed out


When I woke I was in the healer's ward. Cin was standing on one side of me watching over me worriedly. I tired to sit up but he gestured for me to lie still . I was still shaking when the healer came in to give the report. Master Draling had got there in time before anything had happened.

I was bruised all over and I felt sore all over The healer told me I could leave tonight if I wished but I was expected to go before the council in the morning to give my account of the event.She squeezed my hand gently" Phobia.. who.. who did this to you?"


Looking to make sure Cin was not within sight, I whispered" Tell no one of this but it was Mace.. he's .. not himself.. I can't explain it.. but he's being controlled. I need to find out who and what . I beg you keep this secret. I can't face the council. Not now.. not yet. Mace would never do this as his normal self.. please"
She nodded" Of course,anything you ask.. "


I felt the brief tap of Cin's hand on my shoulder letting me know he had returned" you going to be okay?" he asked" If you want to talk I'm here" .. I nodded" I'll be fine.. I'm sure Belda is wondering what's happened to me."


I rose sitffly from the bed and Cin handed me my boots. " In fact".. he never got to finish his sentance for right then Belda ran right in and hugged my knees, crying her little eyes out. " I heard what they said! Master! Please be okay!" I dropped to my knees and hugged her tight" I'll be okay Belda, I promise.. But remember one thing.. I always care for you.. no matter what. .You gave me a reason to fight, a reason to keep going.. Thank you Belda"

I picked her up and carried her back to our quaters. Tomorrow well tomorrow I didn't know what would happen. but I prepared myself for the absoulete worst. But I knew I would face it the best I knew how. I was hurt.. and scared. Dollie had scheduled me with the mind healer for the next month to try and help me get over this.


There was only one way for me to forget.. and that was to throw myself into my work.. Once I had put Belda to bedand after assuring her everything would be okay, I left the door open and went into the living room and poured out the sack onto the living room rug. Lisette tiptoed up to me and when she snifed my robes she arched her back and hissed. The intellegence of cats never ceased to amaze me. She knew.. and knew that I was hurt. She's very mellow but I get hurt and she will become your worst nightmare.


I made a mental note to keep her locked in my room for a while


One of the pups jumped onto my shoulder and started washing my face. I started to giggle a bit, then my giggles disolved into tears as I held the puppy close. My fingers traced the runes and one of the holocrons, Bane's actually sprang out of it. Out of it fell a synth crystal, black with silver veins. It was then I saw.. the begining of the gate...
Til Later
Pho

6 comments:

padawanbeldapinik said...

Oh no my Master! There has to be something we can do? And I wouldnt go messing with anything any Sith created especially Darth Bane! Do be cautious my Master, please....

Phobia said...

I know you wouldn't on puprose belda.. Bane is not a sith to mess with.. Catia was the one who trained him.. and I always am, but this time I wasn't cautious enough apparently

Tash199 said...

I can tell ur troubled Phob

Skywalker said...

Darth Bane? That asking for trouble...

Unknown said...

Becareful! You remeber what they taught us about him!

Phobia said...

Like I have a choice, this is for the greater good. I'll be careful.. Remember.. I have his master. So I'd guess I'm well protected