Wednesday, December 06, 2006

An afternoon demonstration and preparations for Christmas..

It started snowing after lunch , which is a rare occurnce in itself here on Coruscant. So after a com message from Master Draling, I headed out into the snow covered yard for today's lesson. Yusuke waited for me as did Hiei and Kurama. I looked to Master Draling as he began to speak to the class.

" Today's lesson will be about combat in the elements. Many of you will be sent to inhospitable planets and might be forced to resort to battle to get yourselves out of any number of situations . Against any number of opponents. Now Knight Deimos and her freinds have kindly agreed to help me in my demonstration. She will have her lightsaber, vibroblade, and her lightsaber whip to defend against three opponents. It is higly doubtful you will be so fortuante, but after all this is only a demonstration."

Turning to us he said " I ask you keep in mind this fight is not for real, and exibit some control.You may begin"

No sooner than the words had left his lips, we were all four in motion.Hiei had drawn his katana and was attacking from one side, Yusuke had powered up the spirit punch, and Kurama had his rosewhip out. I took out Yusuke first with a kick to the gut as I raised my own whip to rip through Kurama's. then finally with my other hand I reached for my lightsaber and brought it up, tangeling with Hiei's attack, Sword of the darkness flame.

Kurama stepped back from the fight for a moment, his eyes were flickering.. Oh force if that meant what I thought it did.. I saw Yusuke comming back for me and I ducked and twisted his arm around and pushed him away before turning to face Hiei.he had ripped off his bandana that covered the Jagan eye and I could see.. he was starting to change.
I backed up.. only to have a pair of strong arms wrap around my middle and lift me off the ground.. " Yoko let me down!" I yelled, seeing that indeed , it was Yoko now.. Not Suichi.. " Sith.. "
Muttering under my breath I began to form a quick plan of escape.. If Anakin saw this humilating turn of events.. good giref he'd never let me live it down.. Smiling Ireached up and rubbed the tip of Yoko's ear.. As I expected, he purred and his eyes fell shut before his arms slackened and I kicked him in the chest sending him flying across the lawn.
I brought my saber up to face a fully transformed Hiei. Out of the corner of my one eye I could see Yusuke getting up . his hair was getting longer and tatoos were comming over his face.. Uh oh.. his first form as a battle demon.. I hoped Master Draling would call it here soon because if Yusuke got really mad, there could be some serious collaterial damage.

The next thing I knew I had made a serious mistake.. I had taken my eyes off of Hiei. I was flying through the air and hit the snow with a rather loud thud and there was a small crater sized hole where I had landed .I got up , though a tad stiffly . I climbed out of the hole and in a double attack, I snagged Hiei with the first of the whip tendrils and grabbed Yusuke with the other. I gave a hard yank and both landed on their backsides in the snow.
" Enough!" Master Draling boomed. I stopped and after returning my weapons to their proper places I bowed respectfully motioning for those of them who could still walk to do the same.

" That was quite the demonstration Phobia.. You may go.. Will your freinds be around? I would like to have them demonstrate for some of my more advanced classes, and possibly for the Christmas party.. that was quite the show."
As Hiei walked past he turned to Master Draling and said" hn, that was no show.. anyone else would've been beaten soundly. "

I wanted to smack him so badly for his lack of manners, but .. that was Hiei.. I could hear Yusuke's com going off . " Excuse me Master.. I do not know if that will be possible.. They might be departing . Koenma needs them back there soon"
He nodded understandlingly and turned to address his class as I listened to the todler whining and screaming about something..

After calling Yusuke an incompitent and dundering fool, I snapped and grabbed the com off of him . For the next three minutes I proceeded ot tell that brat what excactly I thought of him in huttenese, using quite a few choice words that would've gotten me into trouble with the council and made Yusuke sit back on his heels laughing his rear end off. . I snorted and finished with" And if you EVER come up with any of that crap again, I WILL come to the Rekai and knock your sorry pathetic babfied rear end from this dimenshion to several others, Makai NOT included!" I threw the com up in the air and sliced in half with my saber. " Shut off the other one Kurama.. the baby can stew in his own bed for a while as far as I care"

Hiei out and out laughed at that and Kurama smirked . I turned and headed back indoors out of the freezing cold that was starting to take a toll on my body. The second I was back in the temple I hunted down a cup of coffee with plenty of sugar and creamer.. Anakin can't figure out how I can drink the stuff, but I love it for some odd reason.
I was soundly bundled up in my robe by Kurama who when I asked why he was being so nice all of a sudden said" anyonewho can make Koenma shut up in the middle of a tirade by calling him no less than 26 diffrent names in huttenese, and some demonic.. deserves to carted to somewhat. "

Had I used some demonic? I had lost track .. I don't get that mad often.. When I do I tend to use demonic.. It's a cross of old Galeic and Drow, the language of the dark elves.. Sighing I took my coffee and headed to thearchives to see if the book I was after was back in.. Yess! The Statship flight chronicles were in! I checked out the whole set and headed back to my room and set them on my desk before I pulled out a datapad I had specifically labeled.

You see.. At one point I had written a book called " Reclmation" it was a fairytale about a princess with a lost kingdom and her fight to reclaim it and the losses she suffers .. It never really sold big but it was enough to give me some substantial pocket change, enough to redo my room and keep Lisette fed and give her toys etc..
It's fun really and now I was currently working on the second one of the series.. "Cycle of Time."
I have to admit I wonder if anyone in the temple reads these..

The younglings aren't allowed to read them for many reasons which I won't go into to not spoil the plotline.needless to say only older padawans and the knights and or masters were allowed in the section my book was in.. Let me say for lack of any social experience I make up for in imagnation.. I have not told a soul I write, not even Anakin.. The monogram I use is P.A .D which meant ;Phobia Auruora Deimos Heck I 'm willing to bet half the world thinks it's Senetor Amidala.... Which I find funny really.
I have a sneaking suspicion Yoda might have an idea though .. He seems to be giving me more and more time off lately and alos encourages me to write.. I swear if he does know and tells ANYONE I will die..

I read through the last scene I had written , and then got up and turned on my saber. The best way to know if you are writing a good fight scene is if you act it out yourself. I made a couple of passes and then sat down and turned off my saber reaching for my data pad. I continued my writing. So far I had written about 290 pages. That was maybe about half of the new book. Something like an hour later I set down the pad, having written about 100 or so more pages. I write fast what can I say?

I got up and after feeding Lisette I headed out the door to the dining hall for some much needed food. I happen to glance at a calander on the way down.. The temple christmas party was less than a week or so away.. I needed a new dress! Which meant heading into the Coruscant shopping district to find one, but even before that I had to finish the book and drop the manuscript at the publisher's place..

Right after dinner I was back at work, writing feversihly into the night. I couldn't stop writing once I sat down.. When I finally ended the book. It was 5 am.. The publisher opened at 8 .. I think I pretty darn near fell onto the bed and was out cold.. I could worry about the manuscript later.. I probably wouldn't have heard my com if it would have went off..
Chow
Phobia

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I missed the SUPER RARE SNOW? *stompes foot and shout over shoulder* Vader turn the ship around! I want go to Hoth and play in the snow!

Skywalker said...

I was outside when that happened. I snorted a snow flake up my nose.

Phobia said...

Kriss it'sstill going on.. get back here ASAP.. you might get lucky and fall in a snowdrift.. heehee

Master Obi-Wan said...

Oh, dear, are we having a Xmas party? I was imforomed of that...

Phobia said...

I just heard about it last week myself.. seems like it's a good thing I remembered .. Oh which reminds me.. I have to help out with that dratted monster of a tree.. it'd be easier just to have an ent stand there with ortnaments and the like

Lysandra said...

Yep... lemme go find an ent

Phobia said...

LOL! Lys thank you.. I think Treebeard would be best.. He is used to being around humans..

Lysandra said...

*yanks a protesting treebeard over* Look forward to the picture, cass. It's incoming!

Phobia said...

lol .. Okay Lys, this I am anxious to see * grins from ear to ear waiting patiently*

Oh if Bulma likes my books, she should see some of the stuff in the temple archives, not near as weird, but certainly equally fascnating. .

Tash199 said...

oh crap whens the xmas parT? I may miss it 'cuz Justi's lettin me go home to Naboo and u missed snow on ur bday Kriss ouch!