Saturday, October 20, 2007

Black Heart's twilight

Mustafar, 2 days later

I had made my escape from Coruscant , but I knew I would go back. For many reasons .

Firstly I wasn't going to allow the Avengers to thwart my plans. Second there was something I needed there.

And third, this was the most ludicrous of all.

I found myself obsessed with Spider Man.

I don't know why this was but every moment I was thinking of him. Even as I dialed in some numbers of freinds who owed me favors. They wanted to send the Avengers after me ? Fine! I would bring those of equal power against them. I dusted my hands and began the transfusion. Slumping against the wall my newest project rose from his place on the table" I brought you back out of my good graces. you will obey every command I give you. If you do not I will not hesitate to strike you down where you stand. " I snarled comming closer to the 7 foot tall man.

" Yes Master. What would you have me do for now?"

I glanced halfheartedly at his current state" For now get dressed. though it's not like I haven't seen it before"

As I left Bane to his devices I walked into the holo projection room to speak with my " asscoiates" I might be crazy but not crazy enough to try and take on the whole Avengers squad by myself. I needed help. And I knew who to call.

" It is good to see you again" I said softly" I call on you now to cash in my one favor with each of you. Help me destroy the Avengers and you will have what you desire. Taskmaster. Fame beyond your wildest imagining. Each of you a planet of your own to rule..they are here on Coruscant after me. I need your help"

I cringed just saying it. I hated asking for help.

" What do we have to do?" Moonstone asked , clearly skeptical.

" Just come here to Coruscant. I will provide transport. Then follow my lead, but do what you do best. in short. Arrive, Raise Hell .Leave"

Deathstrike smiled" And you say I will get my hands on Wolveriene?"

" All that my dear and more."

" that's all we have to do?" Diamondback questioned.

" that is all. And I will provide it all, including gold and a safe place to hide." I stepped aside to show them the mountain of Telosnosian gold behind me" All of this I have much more.. One roomful of gold to each of you. "

They all nodded and the holos blinked out. I grinned rubbbing my hands together. Good.. The wheels were begining to turn at long last.

Bane came back out now dressed again. I smacked his old lightsaber into his hands" Make sure everything is prepared. We're having company. "

I stalked over to the end table and picked up a black glass looking ball and it's twin, , pure white. I placed each onto it's respective box. I did not dare clash the orbs together without Dr Strange being present. I could rip the galaxy to pieces.I locked both boxes the keys dangeling down into my suit. If anyone dared get that close to me they would be dead.

With the arrival of my new" apprentices" the end was comming for the Avengers. This thought made me giddy as a drunk.

But why then did my stomach clench in knots and my vision want to blink out at the thought of any harm comming to Spider Man? What the hell was wrong with me?

" Damnit! I don't need these kind of distractions!" A glass vase late 6th centuary hit the wall smashing into a million pieces So ? there was more than that one came from. I needed a nap but in this heat that was as likely as it starting to snow.

Sure enough I look out the window and Mustafar has iced over. The volcanic planet is one of a frozen wasteland.. And .. it was snowing WHAT IN ALL THE SEVEN MONKS?

Bane returned and knelt before me" Master they have arrived"

Finally something going right.

I petted the parts stacked carefully in the corner. I was only missing two more things until the cannon was complete. I had the main pieces and the couplers now. one the charging generator for the startup boost and the second was the power crystal. Without it the cannon would not operate. A cursed gem, now residing on a planet called Earth. It had changed many hands ofver the millenia.

The Hope Diamond.

No comments: